Sound delay....very cool!

I have been playing CMBN for a few months, mostly with my son. Last night, as I was watching some of my mortar rounds raining down on his (presumed) positions, I noticed that, when the camera is zoomed out, there is a delay of a few seconds between seeing the explosion, and hearing the sound. I LOVE THAT! It is one of my pet peeves in most movies that, when you see a distant explosion, you hear the sound at the same time. It takes about 4.7 seconds for sound to travel one mile, so, unless you are personally being blown up, there should be some delay.

Kudos to the game designers for that little bit of realism. It makes it seem that much more "real" for me.

It is one of my pet peeves in most movies that, when you see a distant explosion, you hear the sound at the same time.

Not as bad as audible explosions in space, though.

Yes, I´ve always enjoyed that little detail too.

+1

You can "outrun the sound" too, and hear it more than once if you happen to be taking viewpoints further away from the origin.

LOL now that is something i am surely gonna try the next time i play a CMx2 game. Currently Major Hs TacOps occupys kinda lot of my gaming time.