Artillery Ruins Scenarios

...(though I've seen some of my off-map mortars suddenly indicating crew casualties?)...

If you are referring to the green dots turning red, that is basically a measure of the module's rate of fire. When all of them go red, the rate of fire is significantly reduced and it takes a few minutes to get them all back green again. Generally it is a non-factor due to spotting times between missions and quite a bit more lenient for larger pieces than reality, IME.

I want illum rounds though...

So do I.

If one ko's enemy FO's --does that eliminate enemy off-map Arty ? Can enemy HQ's with radios still call in enemy off map Arty ? Am talking about Campaign single player games. Thanks. P.S. My 2 cents--Arty much too effective. Would like to see much more Infantry action. Still --think this game is GREAT. Jim

If one ko's enemy FO's --does that eliminate enemy off-map Arty ? Can enemy HQ's with radios still call in enemy off map Arty ? Am talking about Campaign single player games.

Depends on the type of artillery, it is generally only heavier or more specialized pieces that require a FO, the rest can be called by platoon leaders and company commanders, somewhat less effectively.

Depends on the type of artillery, it is generally only heavier or more specialized pieces that require a FO, the rest can be called by platoon leaders and company commanders, somewhat less effectively.

The break point where "FO required" starts kicking in is variable with army and possibly time period. Italians have to have FOs for 100mm offmaps and bigger, whereas I think all the German and US formations up to and including 105mm can be called by "plain old HQs". Don't know about Brits, and haven't gone digging to find any date-specific changes, but it's the kind of thing that did change over the course of the war, as comms improved and command was devolved.