Sorting out troops

I am never using the default setup when I play a battle and it always takes a long time on big maps to just sort out all my troops together so that I have a good idea of what I got. Did anyone ever made a mod that give you the option to get all your troops in column as per the CoC during the deployment phase instead of having them all set ready for battle on a default setting and having to sort them out first?

There's no mod, sorry. The scenario author should, imo, consider grouping the formations in more or less logical manner, in proximity to their respective HQs and facing the front. Often they don't. Or they try to fool the player with a deceptive setup that encourages a suicidal defence or advance. Or scattered in the rear of the deployment zone. Blah!

As a matter of course I get out the paper and pen and write my units down (according to their chain-of-command) at set-up so that I can wrap my head roughly round what assests I've got and their basic structure. In the larger battles, the time taken to acquaint oneself after the battle has started can easily prove fatal and at the very least expensively time consuming for the necessary reorganisation.

In a QB setup, I double-click on HQs then pick them up and move them. This selects the entire formation, from that HQ down.

In the few scenarios that I have made, all formations start in C2, as I have seen some seriously spread out stuff in others, and that can cause confusion.

My Hybrids come just as the OP wants. Everyone and everything is sitting in a field in a spread formation, waiting for the commander to place them.

• 1 month later...

Also being able to temporarily mix squad together for a battle would be helpful instead of having plenty of units with only 2-3 guys in it. Because right now in my world in your unlucky enough to be in a squad that almost got wipe out than you will spent the rest of the campaign as a minesweeper basically or a scout waiting to be kill for the greater good.