The loaded up Sherman

This has likely been posted -anyway- In the book Caen -- the author tells of Sherman troopers(British) piling extra 75s along with the basic load out --- to this was added mg ammo and sometimes demo charges-- so a pentatrating hit was a disaster the book records a pak gunner hitting a sherman in front of a house with the commander next to the tank talking to the home owner- the explosion from the tank destroyed the house- no mention of the TC-- and do remember where the Panther had much of its ammo stored- under the sloped 40 mm sides - in about 7 places one being about a foot away from the driver - so many side pents where deadly-- In the book men against tanks the Panther was said to be prone to explosive ends- and the crews of the MKIV lang or the mess kit tin as it was called, thought that in and out was better than the in and around of the Panther- we should be getting violent flame ups and explosions from time to time-- I was using a Panther in the CMBO it took over a dozen hit on the front - but when i reversed to save it - the turret truned on to target of no value and of course - was lost - and yes I know the game does not modle 25 extra 75s ---at times in europe they did and paid for it

I'm not sure what you're angling for, but we certainly do occasionally see "catastrophic" explosions of tanks, both upon initial kill and later as the fire gets to cooking off the ammo. Some fair craters can be dug this way, and bridges damaged or destroyed. Houses too. Doesn't need any "extra" rounds to be on board for that to happen.

My Panthers cook themselves and any nearby troops quite nicely without any extras thank you very much. ;)

Although, the best catastrophic kill so far is a 105mm Sherman. That is a guaranteed massive crater. Either immediately, or on the first cook-off.

The Priest is no slouch either in the "holy crap what was that!?!?" category...

attest5.jpg

attest9.jpg

"Nothing but net" grenade assault just ruins a Priest's day.

i was not angling -- just rambling-- in an earlier thread tanks exploding had been mentioned and those books came to mind- I know the Sherman did explode at times anyway - but when they were over loaded they really could -- the Stug could be sent in combat with another 40 rounds of 75s on the floor --I would suspect that went up right well when pentetrated-- I have t-62s in CMSF blow up and destroy the house next to them-- I too wish more modeling damge was possible to the armor as I am sure it will at a time yet in the future --just rambling between games