Have Commonwealth, but game says NOT!!!

PC version.

I even inserted the Commonwealth DVD and went through the install...TWICE, even tho' it was already installed, and no change. All CW battles/campaigns un-selectable.

Using Win 8. With a file manager I can see that there are directories related to the CW module, but without knowing what exact files to look for, I can't tell whether the install went smoothly.

I bet that the module has been quarantined by your anti-virus software. Make sure that it's still there, and if it isn't, check your AV software settings and un-quarantine/whitelist the module exe file (it's in the Modules folder).

Sure enough, Norton had quarantined it. After restoring it I had to reinstall the patch, but nothing is not selectable now.

Thanks.

Just to add to this.If it isn't your AV,re-download the patch.There are two boxes one which says CMBN only the other CMBN and CW-don't have both ticked-choose the second one only.I had both ticked when i first installed and only got the CMBN stuff.Just a suggestion anyway.

Thanks. I had noticed that so it wasn't the issue. everything OK now, as it was the AV.

Just to add to this.If it isn't your AV,re-download the patch.There are two boxes one which says CMBN only the other CMBN and CW-don't have both ticked-choose the second one only.I had both ticked when i first installed and only got the CMBN stuff.Just a suggestion anyway.

AFAIK, having both boxes checked (the default, I think) will not cause a problem (certainly hasn't caused me a problem). Probably coincidental.