Better To Move Quick And Rest Than Move Normal?

A prominent cleft chin, a certain steely look in the eye with perhaps just a bit of a twinkle, a gallant pose standing as if there was a strong wind blowing from directly ahead. Maybe a well pressed, freshly starched spotlessly clean uniform. A gravely voice voice as if his commands were coming from deep within the earth.

You forgot the ability to catch bullets in his teeth and spit them out with deadly effect.

Michael

A prominent cleft chin, a certain steely look in the eye with perhaps just a bit of a twinkle, a gallant pose standing as if there was a strong wind blowing from directly ahead. Maybe a well pressed, freshly starched spotlessly clean uniform. A gravely voice voice as if his commands were coming from deep within the earth.

Sounds like Mr. Carson from the Downton Abbey series. I want that actor to deliver my funeral oration.

I want all the bells and whistles: the riderless horse with the empty reversed boots in the stirrups; the casket on a caisson drawn by six white horses; bells tolling, cannons firing; a bevy of weeping virgins. I want the president himself saying that the world will now be an emptier, sadder place. Then I want you all to go home, get very drunk, and set yourselves on fire.

Michael

Yeah, it's current employment is not satisfactory. A good XO should be able to take over if a platoon HQ gets whacked, or to lead an ad hoc battle group. But I am not sure how to define what a "good" XO would possess as defining attributes within the game. Strong leadership and morale factors, I suppose. But what else?

Michael

I think it would be great if XO's could do those things like take over a platoon who lost it's HQ, or have influence over troops cut off from their HQ like Coy commanders can.

I want all the bells and whistles: the riderless horse with the empty reversed boots in the stirrups; the casket on a caisson drawn by six white horses; bells tolling, cannons firing; a bevy of weeping virgins. I want the president himself saying that the world will now be an emptier, sadder place. Then I want you all to go home, get very drunk, and set yourselves on fire.

Michael

Good lord! You've really thought this through! Garment rending pathos, tempered with majestic and telling anecdotes, is the only way to go. I see that now. We'll even seamlessly incorporate all your sig lines into the text- for a modest surcharge.

How's this:

"Let us never forget the road by which Michael reached his position, the form of government under which his greatness grew, the national habits out of which it sprang and whose vision at this critical juncture will seen by succeeding generations as absolutely correct'"

Mind, it's a rough draft. We've also signed up Beyonce and the Manchester United cheerleading squad for halftime.

Good lord! You've really thought this through! Garment rending pathos, tempered with majestic and telling anecdotes, is the only way to go. I see that now. We'll even seamlessly incorporate all your sig lines into the text- for a modest surcharge.

How's this:

"Let us never forget the road by which Michael reached his position, the form of government under which his greatness grew, the national habits out of which it sprang and whose vision at this critical juncture will seen by succeeding generations as absolutely correct'"

Mind, it's a rough draft. We've also signed up Beyonce and the Manchester United cheerleading squad for halftime.

That's the spirit. But I wonder if you couldn't also obtain the services of the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders. You could have the two groups line up on either side of the grave and have them weep copiously as the final salute is fired.

Michael

That's the spirit. But I wonder if you couldn't also obtain the services of the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders. You could have the two groups line up on either side of the grave and have them weep copiously as the final salute is fired.

Michael

Sure beats a Twenty-One Gun Salute!