A question for a friend

I installed MY CMBN in a folder I made up off my C: drive and used that path. But a friend accepted the default game installation path and now wants to apply the new patch and it is telling him it is the "wrong path."

I forgot the default path and can't help him. I recall that when I installed the DEMO and accepted the default that it ended up in its own folder inside of the "Documents" directory....does that sound right to any of you?..if you know the default path maybe you could type it in as a reply this and then I will direct him to this post.

I also told him to do a search for combat mission Normandy at the "search for programs and files" button.

I did try searching this forum for "installation path" but I didn't get a specific answer...thanks.

Thanks! That is what I thought. He is using Windows8...hopefully he will be able to find it in his documents folder. I had the Demo on my OLD XP computer and that is where was installed..under Users/name/Battlefront/Combat Mission Normandy/folders

I will pass it on and give him this link...this should help. Thanks again.

Hi....

default doesnt work either.. I also put it in my game directory.. no dice

says

ERROR : cannot locate the Combat Mission Battle for Normandy

base game files at the path I specified for installation.

Are you sure that you want to continue with the installation

Yes or No..

of course I clicked both.. nothing..

I had a similar experience. I had originally installed CMBN onto my D drive. At some point I moved it to my E drive. When I tried to patch it said it could not find the game files, even when I specifically selected the correct folder on the E drive. I had to copy/paste the whole CMBN fold back to its original directory on the D drive and patch it there.

What I've found is that when I've specified/customised the install directory (C:/Battlefrontiskewl/CMBNrocksmyworld) then patch that and 'show' it the install directory, the patch installer then appends the default game directory name to the end of the directory path and tries to install the patch there (i.e.; to C:/Battlefrontiskewl/CMBNrocksmyworld/Combat Mission Beyond Normandy), but of course that location doesn't exist, and there certainly isn't an install of CMBN there.

So, when I run the installer I have to 'show' it where I've installed CMBN, then truncate off the last bit (the /Combat Mission Beyond Normandy bit) so that it installs where the game actually is, not where the installer thinks the game should be. If I forget to truncate that bit, I get a similar problem to what you described.

Maybe you're having a similar problem?

Jon

I just make C:\Combat Mission Normandy. Then download the game to Downloads. Unzip it to that folder and the game setup makes all the sub-folders. Seemed pretty easy AFTER I LEARNED TO MAKE MY OWN INSTALL FOLDER instead of excepting the default. It sounds like all you guys are not "saving the fille" but "running them?" I like to download to my computer first, and then run them after downloading and then save the file to a large flash drive.

I also download any patch to Downloads and then copy it to the main game folder and unzip it from there. Don't know if that makes sense to you all but it works for me...a couple of extra steps but I never have trouble installing.

I think I may have mentioned earlier that when I originally downloaded the DEMO before buying the game, that I went crazy finding it because it defaulted to the User\Documents\name\Battlefront So I was wise to the default path when I bought the game and created a simple C:\Combat Mission Normandy to specify when prompted for install location. Likely nothing to new to most of you.