Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

QB attacker/defender shenanigans..

PzKfW

I continue to run into this in CMBN (currently running 1.11) and it is the weirdest thing due to its seeming randomness. Just yesterday, I told my PBEM opponent we would have to abort a new game because I opened up the file to find my defenders clinging to the thin strip that is the attacker zone, figurative miles from the objective. While we were trying to start up another one, I kept using the file he had sent to test out some hotkey file troubleshooting and noticed that it had started giving me the correct set up zone. I have no idea how the same file could do that...W....T....F?!

When the new file showed up, it had the same probelm but I could not get it to self-correct regardless of the number of times I restarted it, including closing CMBN before reopening the file.

Ian, do you mean it is some sort of east-west problem? I've done oodles of CMX1 map editing but zero for CMX2.