LLF's It's Quiet - Too Quiet Question

Rake

Has anyone tried this scenario under 2.0? I've started it three consecutive times and, after getting to the end of the first bridge (right at the start of the scenario) my HQ M8 stops and will move no further.

I've noticed that just beyond the bridge, smack in the middle of the road, I get the "red, no move" arrow. I've opened up the map in the editor and there is no underlying terrain that should stop movement... clover at each end of the bridge and grass tiles below the road beyond. On the second turn, I've ordered the AC to turn and move into the field to the left, but nothing happens.

IIRC, this scenario was designed under 1.0, so my guess is that this is a 2.0 issue. I don't seem to have any difficulty crossing the bridge as I've seen in other reports, I just can't move once I get past it. No screens as I didn't have fraps running at the time, nor did I save any turns, but it seems pretty repeatable on my end :confused:

I'll give it one more shot with fraps on and try a face order to move left into the field. Problem there is that I don't think there's valid exit other than the way in.

*** After trying again, the M8 won't even move onto the bridge... the red arrow is showing up at the approach abutment.

As I've noted elsewhere, I don't have 2.0 and have had to put a hiatus on all gaming for the moment. I just happened to check back briefly and saw this.

In 1.0 ISTR moving the vehicles across that little bridge was always a little tricky -- you had to be sure both the waypoints on both sides weren't placed too close to the abutment and that the pathline crossed directly across the centerline of the bridge. I wonder if that particular bridge being only 5 squares from the map edge is creating a problem? -- just a blind guess though, really.

In the meantime, you might consider deleting all the bridges in the Editor and replacing them with "culverts" by raising the terrain height to the road height.

As I've noted elsewhere, I don't have 2.0 and have had to put a hiatus on all gaming for the moment. I just happened to check back briefly and saw this.

In 1.0 ISTR moving the vehicles across that little bridge was always a little tricky -- you had to be sure both the waypoints on both sides weren't placed too close to the abutment and that the pathline crossed directly across the centerline of the bridge. I wonder if that particular bridge being only 5 squares from the map edge is creating a problem? -- just a blind guess though, really.

In the meantime, you might consider deleting all the bridges in the Editor and replacing them with "culverts" by raising the terrain height to the road height.

Thanks for the reply... I know that I don't recall seeing you post in a while, but I had not seen a post about a gaming sabbatical. Glad you checked in and hope all is well.

If I had not received a reply, I probably would have gone into the editor, deleted the bridges and replaced the parapets with low stone walls. Thanks again!