Scenario Map Editor Question

Will you be able to place individual tiles of terrain, or will you be limited to computer generated maps based on inputs such as tree density, building density, hills, etc? I would be nice to be able to model historical maps as accuarately as possible.

-Keith

hi

I asked this question on another thread so I'll go ahead and answer it save them retyping :-P

OK

There are two seperate features of the editing system from what i understood.

1. an editor which enables you to freely design anything based on the tiles; so anything you can think of, can practically be done.

2 THE DYo editor

this allows you to pick some overall options like you mentioned above and then the computer randomly designs the map

KooL HUH?

SS_PanzerLeader......out

[This message has been edited by SS_PanzerLeader (edited 12-17-99).]

Alright, maybe I'll confuse you more than I clear up, but just wanted to set that straight:

1. there is a Scenario Editor in CM. With that one you can edit anything, from units to maps, for scenarios and operations. This is the same editor that is used to create the scenarios and operations that will come on the CD.

However, the scenario Editor also has a random map generator for those that don't want to spend a couple of hours making their own.

2. There is a DYO Editor in the game. This one randomly generates a map, based on the players choices, and the forces for both sides are either allocated randomly or can be bought using a point system.

So DYO really refers to a quick way to whomp out random scenarios, while the actual way to make maps is the random map generater (or short: auto-map) feature.

Hope it's a little clearer now smile.gif