Paper Tiger-Road to Montebourg Sources?

Just working through your campaign again with 2.0 installed and enjoying it's frustration. I was wondering about your sources for the 8th Regiment battles? My grandfather served in the 8th and would love to get my hands on more information. Thanks in advance for a reply, and thanks for the campaign!

I just finished "Courage and Fortitude", and am going to start Montebourg next, which will be the last of all the single play scenarios the game came with for me. At 16 missions, at the rate I play, it will probably take me 6 months to get through. Thanks for the all the time it took to make Paper Tiger, as it looks good with much depth.

Just to add to that. i'm on the last Bonus mission for 'Scottish Corridor'.I remember trying to get through this a few times when CW first came out and always gave up after the first few battles.I started it again the other week and stuck with it.

Great campaign actually,absolutely brutal all the way through but very enjoyable.When you finally get reinforcements,you could just jump for joy.

Never made it through the last three battles,i lost the first which means i lost the village but i'd definately replay this campaign.Brutal battles,great maps,grand job basically.Tough but fun.

At 16 missions, at the rate I play, it will probably take me 6 months to get through.

You might be surprised. Some of the missions are quite small and can be played through in one sitting ;)

Never made it through the last three battles,i lost the first which means i lost the village but i'd definately replay this campaign.Brutal battles,great maps,grand job basically.Tough but fun.

Heh heh. Yup, the Grainville series is a real toughie. TBH, I think I made them a bit too difficult, especially the Veteran level of 'Crescendo of Doom'. These were very hard fights in real life so I felt justified in making the Regular missions as tough as they were. What I was looking for there was to create a series of missions where winning gave you the opportunity to fight another 'historical' battle in a series until either the campaign ended or you lost one.

I'm glad somebody appreciates the maps I made for these battles. The ASH maps in particular are some of the best I've ever crafted and I loved playing on them. And yet, not a peep about the ASH missions from the community. Plenty on CoD though :D The 'Tourville', 'Mondrainville', 'Ten out of Ten' and 'Gavrus' maps are very, very realistic looking. Perhaps the battles are just too easy? It would be good to know before I revise them.

Anyway, after the Market Garden campaign is out of my hair, I'll be returning to the 'Scottish Corridor' to update it for v2 and the Grainville series will get an overhaul. And I would love to give Montebourg another update too. It's just so much fun (for me) to play that it's not work to do.