Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Really need some sort of tutorial. I am overwhelmed :(

Hello. I love this game. I have bought this and Global Conflict at the same time. I have read the manuals many times over but when I start a game, I just feel so overwhelmed and have no idea what to do. Is there a tutorial or a tutorial AAR somewhere I can look at? Is there a small scenario where I can start?

Please help. I really want to play this game but the manuals don't help. I am also an idiot :( Thanks

Can't help but see you from matrix forum..in my opinion SCWW1 is the best WW1 Grand Strat to go for for ease of use and historical accuracy..much better than...ahem Commander Great War which looks fun but lacks historical accuracy. Ther eis one other WW1 game I consider the ultimate, but it's not for the faint hearted.

Anyway you've made the right choice with this one.

Have fun..read some AAR's..

Hello as well from another Matrix forumee (I'm just plain Wolfe over there), agree with what Wodin said.

As to smaller scenarios have a look at Gaza or Megiddo, if you have Breakthrough there are more smaller scenarios in that expansion as well as two very nice single front scenarios (France and Russia respectively) which can be a very good way to get a feel for the game before trying the full Call to Arms campaign.

If you want to have a go at WW2 you can download Storm Over Europe Fast Play or Fall Weiss II scenarios from the Repository, although both are the full WW2 campaign they are done on a smaller map and are give or take about half the size of the full Storm Over Europe campaign, I personally also prefer this scale of WW2 campaign - you get all the same decision making and experience the grand sweep of WW2 in Europe in a lot more playable format.

P.S. if you haven't already have a look at this thread as well http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=107356

Just to add to the above, one thing you could do would be to pick a scenario and get a good grasp of it, because as you gain in experience with it, so you'll also gain an increasing feel for the game mechanisms and features.

Playing in Hotseat mode would also allow you to check out what both sides are seeing, and their relevant options.

Papafourtwo's suggestion is the quickest and most fun way to learn the game, once you've got the hang of the basics.

I'll see if I can type up a generic guide to the first steps to take in a campaign, something that will at least serve as a starting point.