H2HH problem....

Hi,

Firstly... thanks for all the effort in giving us the utility. CM seems to attract some very smart people.

Secondly an apology to GreenasJade for bothering you with this, I am probably just being thick, but anyway... ;).

The utility does not seem to be working. It does not list/recognise the Saved email files.

I do have CMBN installed other than in the default. I used the Install > Add Install to direct H2HH to the directory I am using but still it does not list/recognise Saved emails in the Incoming and Outgoing Emails folders within CMBN directory.

The Dropbox folder is at the default and I can see H2HH has discovered it. Email files and folder name within Dropbox are identical.

Thanks for your help,

Apologise for hassling you..

All the best,

Kip.

PS. Windows 7 64.

Hi, Kip--

I've seemed to run into some difficulties with H2HH recently as well, and I was wondering how you were able to see your game files? I've recently created two installations of CMBN on my iMac, one for 1.10 for ongoing PBEM games and another for 2.0 for new games.

From what I can tell, all of the directory paths seem to be correct but now H2HH 2.4.3 doesn't seem to be pulling game files from Dropbox; instead, I need to go into my Dropbox folder, copy the turn and then paste it into my incoming folder to be able to see the turn when I load CMBN. I also need to do something similar for my outgoing turns: it seems as if I need to manually copy and paste them into my Dropbox folder for my opponents to be able to see them.

Thanks!

Sabot6, hi,

Ok one possible problem is that your scenario files, saved email files, must have “exactly” the same name as the folder you are using within Dropbox. If they do not... you can still fix it but must manual intervene.

If H2HH is listing your saved email files, i.e. has found your CMBN folder, then click on one of the listed saved email files in the H2HH window. Then go to Game > Edit Game and redirect/tell H2HH the exact Dropbox folder you are using for that CM game.

If that was the problem H2HH will light up and you will see that something has changed for the better. It should then happily move the files/copy the files as it’s designed too... ; ).

Let me know...

Good luck,

All the best,

Kip.

PS I use the PC version... so hope things are similar in Mac version... !

Hi, Kip--

Thanks very much for your help!

I have gone in and verified that the game name ("Attack on Verrieries Ridge (H2H)") and the game file folder name ("/Users/myname/Dropbox/Attack on Verrieries Ridge (H2H)") all seem to match and to be accurate. I've also gone into "Game > Edit" and used the browse function to ensure that H2HH is going to the right Dropbox folder for the CMBN game in question, just to be sure.

Additionally, I've verified that my CMBN 2.0 installation in H2HH is pointing to the right game version of CMBN ("/Applications/Battlefront/CM Battle for Normandy/CM Battle for Normandy.app") as well as the correct installation executable ("/Applications/Battlefront/CM Battle for Normandy/CM Battle for Normandy.app"). Moreover, the CMBN installation in H2HH seems to be pointing to the proper Dropbox location as well ("/Users/myname/Dropbox").

As you suggest, I can go in manually to my Dropbox folder and copy and paste my game files and manually put them into either my incoming or my outgoing folder so I can see them in the game, but for some reason H2HH 2.4.3 has stopped working, at least for my most recent game.

Lastly, as I alluded to above, the only real change I've made recently is to have both CMBN 1.10 and CMBN 2.0 side by side in H2HH, so I can finish some ongoing PBEM games but start my new games, such as "Attack on Verrieries Ridge (H2H)", with CMBN 2.0. Interestingly, my existing 1.10 games show up both under the CMBN 1.10 installation of H2HH as well as the CMBN 2.0 installation, but this new game only shows up under the CMBN 2.0 installation of H2HH. It's not updating to show when new files are added, even manually, and oddly enough the "number of days waiting" section started at 15714 days, and just incremented today to 15715 days. Of course, I have no idea what any of this means or if it's relevant in any way.... :^)

If you or anyone else has any suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate them as H2HH is a phenomenal tool and makes the whole PBEM experience far superior to playing without it. I'm very tempted to go in and "end" my 1.10 games that are showing up under my CMBN 2.0 installation to see if that helps, but I'm afraid that this will end those games completely.

Anyway, sorry to ramble on but I'm desperate for any suggestions to get my H2HH 2.4.3 iMac installation up and running again.

Thanks!

Sabot6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Still cannot get it to work.

Unable to properly edit game lines.

When ever I hit the <browse> button I get this error message. I am completely stumped.

File "View.py", line 1400 in OnGameDropboxDirectBrowseClick

File "wx/-_windows.py, line 2359 in_init_

TypeError: String or Unicode type required

Help!?