Amfreville Scenario

I downloaded the Amfreville scenario from the repository, unzipped it in to my scenario folder but don't see it in the list of battles that I can play. First question is that there are a number of other files after unzipping. I assume that the only file that needs to be placed in the scenario folder is the .btt file. Secondly, I have not yet upgraded to 2.0 as I am waiting to finish my current PBEM scenario playing. Could this be the issue? i.e. is Amfreville playable only using 2.0? Thanks.

I downloaded the Amfreville scenario from the repository, unzipped it in to my scenario folder but don't see it in the list of battles that I can play. First question is that there are a number of other files after unzipping. I assume that the only file that needs to be placed in the scenario folder is the .btt file. Secondly, I have not yet upgraded to 2.0 as I am waiting to finish my current PBEM scenario playing. Could this be the issue? i.e. is Amfreville playable only using 2.0? Thanks.

Check that only Mods go into "Z" folider in "Data" directory.

Battle scenarios go into "Scenarios" folder in "Game Files" directory.

Campaign scenarios go into "Campaigns" folder in "Game Files" directory.

The "readme" files with most mods explain which folders to load with what files. Also make sure you quit / end the game completely and clear game cache memory before loading mods. Most mods don't take until you restart the game.

Easy mistake to make when multi-tasking (as in I learned from my own experience).

Try this template for Windows

"Battle Front" folder

- Combat Missiong Battle for Normandy

- - Data

- - - - Z

- - - - - - - loaded vehicles, voices, terrain, uniforms, UI tweaks, etc. (sound & graphics mods)

- - Game Files

- - - - Campaigns

- - - - - - loaded campaign scenario mods

- - - - Incoming Email

- - - - Outgoing Email

- - - - Quick Battel Maps

- - - - Saved Games

- - - - Scenarios

- - - - - - loaded battle scenario mods

EDIT - Unless you're a Newbie, you likely already know this. Sorry if this came off condescending. Just saw that Amreveille might be 2.0 only but it was posted to repository on 10-Dec-12, one day before v2.0 came out . Someone else would need to confirm whether version matters or if incompatibile to v1.10 / v1.11.

I downloaded it also.

It seemed to create an Amfreville folder within the Scenario folder.

The Amfreville folder contained, along with the .btt, other information, pictures and such.

I had to take the .btt file out of the Amfreville folder and drop it directly under the Scenario folder.

M1,

(Possible Spoiler)

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

I'm playing as the Germans in a PBEM.

Under "Objectives" you give the two main ones and "Other Objective" but on the map I don't see any "Other Objective".

Are the Germans supposed to know what the Other Objective is or is it one of the "unknown" type?

Also the Other Objective gives a point value "xxx Each". Are there more than one?

The tactical map doesn't show which direction the Allies will be attacking from and the Briefing doesn't describe it either.

The obvious is from the North and perhaps North-West but the Axis setup zone doesn't cover all the South and South-West.

Does that mean the Germans need to be prepared for an attack from these directions too? If not I would hate to freeze units in positions to block an attack from these directions that never materialize.

Perhaps, of course, the intent was to keep the Germans guessing?

If you feel you may give away a spoiler to the Allied side please felel free to email me at tramos1 "at" optonline "dot" net

M1,

(Possible Spoiler)

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

I'm playing as the Germans in a PBEM.

Under "Objectives" you give the two main ones and "Other Objective" but on the map I don't see any "Other Objective".

Are the Germans supposed to know what the Other Objective is or is it one of the "unknown" type?

Also the Other Objective gives a point value "xxx Each". Are there more than one?

The tactical map doesn't show which direction the Allies will be attacking from and the Briefing doesn't describe it either.

The obvious is from the North and perhaps North-West but the Axis setup zone doesn't cover all the South and South-West.

Does that mean the Germans need to be prepared for an attack from these directions too? If not I would hate to freeze units in positions to block an attack from these directions that never materialize.

Perhaps, of course, the intent was to keep the Germans guessing?

If you feel you may give away a spoiler to the Allied side please felel free to email me at tramos1 "at" optonline "dot" net

Other Objectives should include the parameters, like enemy force percentage.

For the Germans it is meant to be difficult and as the German commander you are meant to guess. Sometimes there will be Americans flanking on the North and South side, sometimes you will get a more straight on attack, I don't want to give it all away though. For the Americans, you kinda have to feel around where the Germans are with scouts.