Vin’s Animated Text mod and v1.11

Brought to my attention the current build of the mod IS NOT compatible with the latest patch CMBN 1.11. Please uninstall this mod until a compatible version of the mod is made. Not uninstalling the mod will affect the text in the game in negative ways.

Hopefully Marco Bergman will adjust the mod to make it compatible with the latest v.1.11 so all of us can continue to enjoy the graphics he produced for my mod concept. Unfortunately I do not know how he created the higher end graphics, or I would fix it. I only know how to make the original version, which is made only with standard keyboard symbols, which definitely is not as impressive as the graphic version he contributed to the concept bringing it to a higher level. Be patient guys, and I am sure it will be up and running soon.

I just now tried adding the CMFI version of this mod into CMBN. I didn't have a lot of time for testing, but everything seemed to work normally both in the scenario editor and in play. I didn't see any obviously misnamed units or weird text behavior, and the mod seemed to work as designed.

Vin (or anyone who knows how this mod actually works), is there any reason why the CMFI version shouldn't be fine for CMBN 1.11? Are there under-the-hood differences to worry about?

I just now tried adding the CMFI version of this mod into CMBN. I didn't have a lot of time for testing, but everything seemed to work normally both in the scenario editor and in play. I didn't see any obviously misnamed units or weird text behavior, and the mod seemed to work as designed.

Vin (or anyone who knows how this mod actually works), is there any reason why the CMFI version shouldn't be fine for CMBN 1.11? Are there under-the-hood differences to worry about?

Thanks for the heads up Martyr. Marco Bergman would be more knowledgeable of the under the hood aspect then myself, but it appears CMBN 1.11 is already being set up to 2.0 even though new features are not added yet. My guess is if one looks at the text file for 1.11 it is closer to 2.0 text with added text for “target briefly” for example. This would make it more compatible with the CMFI 2.0 text file version line for line. As long as it is working fine that is what is most important. If the CMFI version is working fine as you say it will make things easier for future releases as separate versions will not be needed.

I have to +1 this comment. if I was on a desert island and only allowed one mod, the animated text (with the graphics) is *the* mod I would choose.

Thanks guys. Glad it adds to your playing experience. Thanks again to Marco for offering to help me with it to come to it's fullest potential.

Bummer. Thanks for letting everyone know. Hopefully Marco will make the changes needed to run the graphics he added to it in the near future when he has time. I only know how to make the original keyboard symbol version, or I would fix it. That version is still better than just words alone, but not as impressive as Marco's improved graphics adds to it.