New Project ... HTHTH

Yes, that's right ... three person PBEM. Once 2.0 hits, this project will get under way.

First the mechanics, so I can have your complete attention for the reasoning and mission. :)

Player1(P1) German Defender

Player2(P2) Ami Attacker

Player3(P3) Brit Attacker

P1 sends file to P2.

P2 watches, and gives orders for Ami forces, then SAVES(NOT RED BUTTON), and sends two(2) files to P2. Initial movie and saved file.

P2 watches movie and discards file. Opens saved file and gives orders for Brits. Sends file to P1.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

-----------------------------

Why... pray tell? Because the Germans will have a reinforced Btn, and who wants to field the proper attacking force alone? You want to move just over a regiment full of teams and tanks? :D

This way everyone gets about the same force. If reinforcements are done right, things should stay manageable and fun throughout an epic struggle for a large town and surrounding area.

Folks can or course play it as a 1v1 if someone is into large forces.

However, the two attacking forces will have their assigned sectors, setup zones, and complete chains of command.

It must be stated that higher-end computers are the order of the day when Regiments are on the field. Hopefully 2.0 will help as well.

I suppose the FI folks could have 2v2 with Italians being the axis partner.

Where are my Rumanians when I need them?

--------

Two of my CM oppos and i are currently playing that very way, the scenario is CW Surrender Equals Death, i'm the Allies. and they are the Axis, it's a trial run for a CMBN CW team v team operation i am running after the 2.0 upgrade, this method is definitely the way to go for team based CM operations as all the participants can get to play at least one CM battle every operational turn.

What map will this be on? With the size of the forces your mentioning, would need a very large map to do this on.

If that is directed at me, I am making the map.

If you own CMBB, go to the proving grounds/scenario depot. Find the scenario "Meatgrinder" that I made a long time ago. The map and battle is based closely on that one, but larger in all dimensions. Well over 2km X 2km.

The Town under construction ...

StRunes3.jpg

The warehouse district...

ware1.jpg

Opposed water crossing... attack through rural, and then increasingly urban terrain. That should soak up troops like a sponge. No damn assault boats kills me a little, but we soldier on as best we can. :)

Starting smaller and getting steadily reinforced helps mitigate commander overload.

Brits come from the West, Amis from the South. German town is in the NE corner.

Think of it as a static operation CM1-style, without breaks in between. If we had persistant damage/static ops, I would not be doing it this way.

It will be an all-terrains, all the toys, epic slug-fest.

The TOEs will be reasonable and balanced. No companies of Elite King Tigers or anything absurd. Neither will they be "historical" and conscript, weakend or unfit. Just combined arms in proportions and unit choice that a grog may take if the Divisional commander let him take his pick of the realistic choices available.

Units from green to vet. Numbers from 80-100% strength. Leadership -1, 0, +1. I do my very best to walk the line between an immersive fictional battle, and gamey fantasy.

Long way to go, and testing will be a cast iron b*tch, but I love doing this type of battle.

-