Supply in game is crippling naval optional strategy,in my latest mod I have added a great many more ships in game,I have also pre-deployed, tasks forces for different nations in varying parts on the map,South Atlantic,Mid Atlantic,North Atlantic etc to name just a few,and when you start a game and look at all these forces,most have round about 5 supply status applied or less,even ships 1 or 2 tiles from there home port, have 9 and 8 supply applied to them,as supply effects morale and readiness,which in turn affects there fighting abilities,these ships that are far from there home ports,have their fighting value reduced to a point that they are little more than sitting ducks, if they get involved in any combat,my point is this, ships according to this game appear to have no supply of their own in place within the ship?

All ships have supply already within them,be that ammunition,food,oil/coal and the game does not take this fact into its calculations,ships are in effect mobile supply sources off there own,can this be incorporated in game please,so that ships that are far from home can be used as fighting units and not floating grave yards!:confused:

Coal didn't last long in these times. The german Hochseeflotte wouldn't have been able to steam into the atlantic, not without a port to fill up the coal supply.

As far as i know ships in SC don't lose any supply while at sea. Only if they attack a naval vessel or a convoy line they will lose one supply point.

I realise coal did not last long in WW1 but the game is abstracted,so its possible that there are replenishment vessels that these overseas squadrons could use,it worked for Admiral von Spee plus Germany's other cruiser squadrons.

The map area is large enough, but the game does not utilise this fact,in my opinion its such a waste of potential!

The ships might not lose supply unless in action,but if I start them at sea they start the game at half supply or less,which makes it pointless having them at sea in the first place,because of the readiness and morale penalties, they are easy pickings in combat.

While on the subject of combat,a feature I like when playing the Jutland scenario, is that ships can fire at different ranges,I know that this scenario is to a different scale,but if used in the other scenarios, then you would not get combat effects like Battleships taking stupid strenght damage when fighting small cruisers,whose guns could hardly trouble the big capital ships,thats assuming that they could get in close enough to attack in the first place.Heavy Artillery in game has a range effect, so why can't the big ships get the same bonus effect applied to them?

Update I have alter the gun ranges for Battleships and cruisers using the editor,now I'm going to experiment a little!

Coal didn't last long in these times. The german Hochseeflotte wouldn't have been able to steam into the atlantic, not without a port to fill up the coal supply.

As far as i know ships in SC don't lose any supply while at sea. Only if they attack a naval vessel or a convoy line they will lose one supply point.

German High Seas Fleet could if the British navy was not there to stop them,sail from Germany across the Atlantic and back, with the coal in there bunkers,Deutschland class Pre-Dreadnoughts had in excess of 5,500 miles endurance at 10 Knots.The Armoured cruisers Scharnhorst and Gneisenau had an endurance range off 4,800 miles plenty to sortie into the Atlantic sail around a bit and sail back to Germany.

Hi Hellfirejet,

In the Editor, to avoid having the game engine auto assign naval supply based on the default calculations for the first turn, simply right click the naval units you would like to provide high supply to and select 'Properties'.

From there you can set an 'at start' supply level as high as 10.

Hopefully this helps,

Hubert