Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Paul AU's Questions.

First, I should say that that Fortress Italy is great. CMx2 II, works. Nice work on infantry aligning along cover, on roads, on many things. Nice work. (That's not suckage, that's my opinion).

1. In the scenario editor, how do you set where the initial point-of-view is? I mean, when the scenario starts, what determines what your first 3D point of view is? How do you set, that point of view?

2. Don’t half-tracks seems a little too susceptible to bullets? Isn’t the point of a half-track, that it isn’t? How accurate is BFC’s simulation of this? Seems that any infantry squad can see-off a half-track. Shouldn’t that be the other way around?

3. Somewhere in the excellent manual (I'm thankful for the spiral-bind) , it says where you can toggle-on "Show enemy units" during play-testing. So you can see what your AI-plans are doing, while play-testing. Er, where is that? I can't find it again. And I've looked.

Hi Paul

1/ when you deploy troops the view you exit is the view the player sees on starting the scenario (side specific).

2/ yup they are - especially the US ones. Been threads about it on-line here.

3/ scenario author mode when you open the scenario to play (can only be done when you select single player RT or WEGO).

Trust this helps?

Cheery!

2. Don’t half-tracks seems a little too susceptible to bullets? Isn’t the point of a half-track, that it isn’t? How accurate is BFC’s simulation of this? Seems that any infantry squad can see-off a half-track. Shouldn’t that be the other way around?

As the owner of a SMLE, I can tell you the penetrating power of a WWII battle rifle is considerable. While yes, the halftracks were supposed to be armoured to resist small arms, they also have open tops, driver vision slits, rivets(?) and spots where the "armour" isn't very thick at all, especially on the flanks and rear. As I'm sure you're aware, these were not APCs. And in my experience they do repel the majority of bullets, at least frontally. Just not all.