PBEM anyone?

juste86

Hi juste86. Welcome to CMx2. I too played the x1 series when I was a dozen year younger or so, but stopped when Shock Force came out.

(but I will be with money in hand when the new x3 Modern Warfare engine is released!)

I'm limiting myself to having only 2 H2H games going at any one time right now. But if a slot comes up, I will send you a PM or post here.

Cheers!

I'll play you. Sounds like fun.

If you want a small battle, that would be cool with me. I usually play large or medium, but it's nice to focus on a smaller force sometimes.

I usually play QB meeting engagements with random maps, because every battle is different. I play scenarios sometimes in PBEMs, but I really don't know which ones are the best or anything.

Thejetset: That sounds great! :)

Eltorrente: Please sendt a mail to juste86@gmail.com! A QB meeting engagements sounds perfect :)

Alright sounds good.

I'm going to send you a dropbox invite. If you haven't used dropbox before, you'll really like it. Much better than emailing/attaching/downloading the files.

H2H Helper is very recommended, also. It moves the files back and forth automatically to and from the dropbox, has a chat function, and it keeps your incoming/outgoing folders clean.

Eltorrente is a good player. Just finished my first CMX2 PBEM battle against him. It was a good fight that ended too quickly due to my miserable abilities . . . but it moved along smoothly with turns turning over at the rate of five or more per day. That's good!

Looking forward to the next one.

I also found out that CMX2 PBEM is much more fun that CMX1 PBEM because you play and plan for EACH turn. There's no "planning turns", like there was in the earlier games. This speeds things up quite a bit.

I have time for two battles at once (but no more). I'd be happy to play you too.

Oh, also should note that it was the first time I used H2H Helper and Dropbox. Setting them up was a PITA, but it was totally worth it. Another thing that makes things move much smoother.

Eltorrente is a good player. Just finished my first CMX2 PBEM battle against him. It was a good fight that ended too quickly due to my miserable abilities . . . but it moved along smoothly with turns turning over at the rate of five or more per day. That's good!

Looking forward to the next one.

I also found out that CMX2 PBEM is much more fun that CMX1 PBEM because you play and plan for EACH turn. There's no "planning turns", like there was in the earlier games. This speeds things up quite a bit.

I have time for two battles at once (but no more). I'd be happy to play you too.

Oh, also should note that it was the first time I used H2H Helper and Dropbox. Setting them up was a PITA, but it was totally worth it. Another thing that makes things move much smoother.

That scenario was tough, and I think it was actually pretty close. It just came down to a couple crucial turns, like in most battles actually.

Oh yeah.. I forgot about the planning turns from the older games. I used to hate not being able to watch a movie on certain turns. It works perfect now - watch a movie, then plan every single turn.

I was glad you didn't give up on h2hhelper, because I knew you'd love it once it was up and running.