Help! Aligning Italian Groups/Squads

Hello:

Having an awful time aligning groups on a ridge line. There is 9 in a group. They align behind each other so only say 5 of them are on the ridge. When I do a Hunt or Slow command to get to edge forward it doesn't work out somehow.

I think I am supposed to see 3 action spots highlighted as the destination for any movement command? Also for a Face command? But I can only see one AS highlight in yellow and maybe another one in very light yellow so it's hard to see it.

Any help appreciated. I have a lot of troops in this scenario but if I cannot get more of them on the ridge line the old "quantity has a quality of its own" adage is not going to work here.

Gerry

Don't own CMFI so I am still playing build 1.1, but unsplit squads don't always spread over 3 squares (Action Spots); if their facing is diagonal to the grid, they often just use 2 diagonally touching, or even (very occasionally) 1 square if the terrain provides a "fold" of cover or some big crater.

I also notice they'll spread out pretty neatly in a skirmish line if you Face them exactly along the ridgeline. Face command is your friend; set up a test map with few or no enemy and play with it. It's rarely that I find I can't make infantry -- even big clumsy unsplittable Syrian CMSF squads -- deploy the way I want with a little tweaking, although this can be time consuming and yes, I'd rather they had some SOPs.