Livorno Pride

***For those who are offended easily...this may have spoiler info*****

In the Battle Livorno Pride, I have an off board 65mm battery. I am 28 minutes (of 60) into the scenario. All my reinforcements have arrived. It is the only off board battery for which access is denied for ALL HQs; Battalion commander on down.

Is this a known issue? Or does it become available later? I really need it now...

BTW...that US naval bombardment is just horrendous to be on the wrong end of.

Is this a known issue?

It is now!

I am 28 minutes (of 60) into the scenario.

Man, I am sincerely sorry about that. I hope too much of your time was not wasted.

This mission was never really meant to be played as the Italians because it may end up being far too easy. Still, you should be able to use the artillery available! If you ever get the hankering to replay it, make sure to add an FO in the editor.

Sorry again. :o

This mission was never really meant to be played as the Italians because it may end up being far too easy.

Sorry again. :o

Easy! For the Italians? Yikes...

It is a brutal mission as the Italians; they have to run 2km to get to the battle, stop and try to get untired, dodge multiple naval bombardments, and it's all open ground.

I've got 12 minutes left and am about to assault the town.

If I even get into the town I will consider myself lucky. And probably with 50%+ casualties.

This mission was never really meant to be played as the Italians...

tFS, I have a question about this scenario.

SPOILERS!!

I played as the Americans as suggested, primarily because I just wanted to play a game as the defender. This one was a hoot! Great fun at the end when the ammo truck and jeeps were flying around trying to get ammo (most units were down to grenades only) to the truppen holding off the Italian rush into Gela. Other than moving the vehicles around and acquiring more ammo, I just kept hitting "Go". As it was, it took an emergency call for support from the Savanna, landing dead on target, to save my defenders from being overwhelmed.

My question is this... I had a save at the five minute mark when the 6" guns destroyed the Italian attack into Gela. I've replayed it several times because, at the end of the first go-round, I'd forgotten to remove Patton from the map. Even during later play-throughs, Patton keeps showing up as "killed" even though the command unit was removed intact. Is there a time limit that this unit should be removed prior to in order to prevent the Italians from gaining points for killing Patton?

Thanks again for a fun little scenario!

tFS, I have a question about this scenario.

SPOILERS!!

I played as the Americans as suggested, primarily because I just wanted to play a game as the defender. This one was a hoot! Great fun at the end when the ammo truck and jeeps were flying around trying to get ammo (most units were down to grenades only) to the truppen holding off the Italian rush into Gela. Other than moving the vehicles around and acquiring more ammo, I just kept hitting "Go". As it was, it took an emergency call for support from the Savanna, landing dead on target, to save my defenders from being overwhelmed.

My question is this... I had a save at the five minute mark when the 6" guns destroyed the Italian attack into Gela. I've replayed it several times because, at the end of the first go-round, I'd forgotten to remove Patton from the map. Even during later play-throughs, Patton keeps showing up as "killed" even though the command unit was removed intact. Is there a time limit that this unit should be removed prior to in order to prevent the Italians from gaining points for killing Patton?

Thanks again for a fun little scenario!

I'm glad you like it. To be honest, this was my least favorite of my 3... I had much greater aspirations for this one, but I was just not able to realize what my imagination dreamed of. There should have been TWO battalions of Italians attacking! But it just chugged way to hard to make it a reality. Not to mention I would have needed to have A LOT more ammo available. :D Also, playing as the US, you really don't have a whole lot of options for maneuvering. Just set up, sit back, and call in the big guns.

As far as exiting Patton goes... this sounds like a bug. The Italians have an unknown objective where they get 100 points if Patton dies. The US gets no points in regards to General Patton. The idea is that exiting his unit will deny the Italians of a lucky 100 points.

It seems as if the Italians are getting the points if he exits. I'm going to test this and if it is happening, I will report this as a bug.

Thanks!

**UPDATE**

I tested this out. I exited Patton in the first 30 seconds of the game. All 4 men left successfully before a single shot was fired.

The Italians did not get 100 points for killing Patton, BUT after a cease fire, it showed 2 men killed!

I'm going to report this as a bug. Thanks Rake!

**UPDATE 2**

Now I cannot seem to recreate it. I got it to happen twice, but have tried a dozen more times and it works fine. (???)

**UPDATE**

I tested this out. I exited Patton in the first 30 seconds of the game. All 4 men left successfully before a single shot was fired.

The Italians did not get 100 points for killing Patton, BUT after a cease fire, it showed 2 men killed!

I'm going to report this as a bug. Thanks Rake!

**UPDATE 2**

Now I cannot seem to recreate it. I got it to happen twice, but have tried a dozen more times and it works fine. (???)

I replayed the final 5 minutes four times. By this point in the game, Patton's team was hiding on the first floor of the building adjacent to the exit area. I exited the team, without casualties, on the final minute, the penultimate minute & the third to last. The first time I played, I forgot to remove him and assumed the Italians were credited with his death although none got close enough to spot. On all four occasions, the Italians got credit for killing Patton... the only points they earned for the scenario.

IF, there is a hidden VL that the Italians only have to touch (or hold) to get credit for his "death", then all of this is moot.

Oh, BTW, the reason I enjoyed the scenario is because I didn't have to do to much as the defender... just guess where the Italians would be in the next 5- 10 minutes and give 'em a pounding. Some afternoons after work, I'm just done with thinking; this scenario fit the bill nicely.