AS42 (AA) question

*MILD SPOILER*

Playing Beyond the Belice PBEM, I have the Italians. I've noticed that my AS42 (AA) seems to turn the entire vehicle in order to employ the 20mm AA gun. The gun appears to be on a 360 swivel mount; this makes sense, as it would be a pretty useless AA platform if the gun were fixed forward. Has anyone else seen this behavior?

I should note that one of the crew was taken out, so it's down to three men. I can't imagine that this would be a factor, but I could be wrong.

I believe you can solve this problem if you just give the vehicle a huge 360 cover arc that covers the entire map.

Have you tried that? Because a cover arc only defines the area in which targets may be engaged, which by default is everything. A cover arc that covers everything shouldn't mean anything.

Did a little testing. The AA mount seems to have very limited (maybe 10-20 degrees) traverse. This seems very odd for an AA mount. Does anyone have any specific insight on this vehicle's design to confirm or deny that this was actually the way the mount worked?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to revive this, but I just noticed something interesting. One of the vehicles shown in the splash screens that comes up while a scenario is loading is an AS42 (AA) - the 20mm AA gun mount is rotated considerably further than it is capable of moving in the game. As these graphics appear to be stills of the in-game models, I'm back to thinking something might be bugged.