Should inf always grab vehicle ammo in a campaign?

I'm in the second scenario of TRT Montebourg campaign. There is a lot of extra ammo in my jeeps and trucks. I was wondering if I should take it now and thereby stock up for future scenarios or leave it--lest I need it later.

I assume whatever the infantry takes will stay with them. However, will those same trucks/jeeps appear later and if so, what would be their ammo status if I drain them now?

Thanks!

What the infantry takes will stay with them, unless they get resupplied in between scenarios, which will reset them to "full" normal load (as well as removing any scavenged weapons etc.).

Whether the vehicles will be resupplied will depend on the campaign. If they're organic to the main recurring (core) units, they'll have whatever chance the campaign designer has set of getting refilled, same as the rest of the core units. If they're attchments for one battle only, they'll have the supply levels set by the designer.

One word of caution. Sometimes ammunition not part of the unit's normal load can carry through into the next mission and be greyed out and unavailable.

Generally, my advice would be to plunder those loot pinata early and often. Spread the goodies around and you should be able to avoid any unit turning up at the next battle with nothing to shoot, at the very least. If the campaign is "no resupply", this goes double.

My practice is to pick clean any vehicle I know isn't part of the core force, preferably with units I know that are.

For core force vehicles, I usually leave them with some ammo just in case. Never feel comfortable totally cleaning them out. In that case I don't pick up more ammo then I am likely to use in that mission.

But always err on the side of your combat troops having as much ammo as possible. Maybe your ammo will carry over next battle, maybe it won't, but dead troops definitely won't show up next battle. So grab that ammo and shoot up any location you think might conceal an enemy.