How To Keep Command and Control Connected?

Hey guys,

I have been playing CM for many years now but am still useless hehehehe .... but simply love the games. But I should point out I am no tactical genius .... but I try hehehehe

Anyway my question is this ..... when I send a spotter to spot a target I am conscious of the fact that I need to keep all levels of command and control connected .... the green lights on his chain of command settings.

How then do I restore full command and control if he is out of touch with one of the layers. For example it may have a green light at Platoon and Company level but a red cross at Battalion level. I just cant seem to work out how to keep the lights 'all green' to get better accuracy when I call in artillery and mortar strikes?

Sorry for the long-winded explanation .... but I hope it makes sense :-)

Thanks in advance fella's :-)

Thanks beatmasta :-) ..... and again sounding like a total noob how do I achieve that? Do I move the battalion HQ closer to company HQ to improve their comms?

Thanks again :-)

Bttn and Coy are usually linked by radio (though perhaps that's not the case with Italian troops), so you shouldn't have to move either. Radio comms can be interrupted by either party moving, or occasionally by arbitrary factors. And, of course, the radio man or leader can be rendered hors de combat. If you buddy aid the radio man, usually you'll get the radio back, but if your Captain/Major/Lt Col gets geeked, you'll need to wait for the XO, if you have one, to pick up the slack and then get them near a radio equipped unit.

If there's no radio, C2 should be restored if you can get LOS or proximity (or, preferably, both) between the two HQ units, but only if the leader trooper is still active.