Foliage and Ground Just Big White Cut-Outs

Hi, Everyone--

I downloaded CMFI last night and quickly loaded up a tiny scenario, and all looked well (very smooth process, BTW; thanks, BF!).

Anyway, upon loading larger scenarios today (from "small" on up), all of the foliage (not just the vineyards, but trees and bushes as well) appear as totally white with no details. Often but not always the ground is also white, and at first I thought this might be a winter scenario and I was seeing snow.... :^)

I have a brand spanking new iMac with top of the line everything: 3.4GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB 1333 MHz DDR3, AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2048 MB and running Mac OS X Lion10.7.4. I've got Parallels installed and am running Windows 7. Just FYI, I have absolutely no issues running CMBN with about 100 mods (all of Aris's vehicle and terrain mods, JuJu's interfaces, etc.) with all of the options set to "best", up to and including the largest scenarios.

I've taken all of the options for CMFI down to "fastest" but no joy; tiny scenarios are still fine, and anything bigger than small have much of the foliage and terrain as just white cut-out areas (I'd post a screen shot but I'm basically a technological idiot...).

Anyway, doe anyone have any thoughts or suggestions, or should I place a service ticket?

Thanks, and thanks to BF for another great game!

Best,

Sabot6

Thanks, Steve--

I really appreciate it! I'm sure it's some operator error on my part :^) and I can happily provide any info to Phil when he has a moment (I'm sure everyone is quite busy right now). And again, thanks to you and the team for continuing to provide such a great gaming experience!

Sabot6

Thanks, poesel71!

I just tried it. Ifired up CMFI in the Parallels window of my iMac, brought up the medium scenario "Alvano Anvil" and hit CMD-Shift-3, then went over to my iMac window where I have this forum open and tried to paste the screen shot into this window by hitting CMD-SHIFT-3 again, but alas no luck.

I'm sure I'm missing obvious steps.... :^)

Thanks again!

Sabot6

There first obvious thing is that you run CM in your virtual machine (Parallels). This isn't supported and I'm surprised its working at all. This is very likely the cause of your problems.

Why didn't you buy the Mac version?

You will have to really boot into Windows to get rid of this problem.

The CMD-.. thing only works with OSX. The pictures will end up on your desktop.

The primary problem here is you're talking about running emulation within emulation. The Windows drivers were not written for the Mac hardware or Parallels, the MacOS and it's drivers weren't written with Parallels specifically in mind either. Lots and lots of things to go wrong here.

The graphics engine in Version 2.0 (CMFI) is dramatically different than what is in Version 1.0 (current CMBN). I expect that if you upgrade CMBN to Version 2.0 (when it comes out) you will see it having the same problems.

Of course you could just purchase the MacOS versions and avoid all this fun :D

Steve

Edit... poesel71 thinks along the same lines as I do, but just a little quicker ;)

Thanks, poesel71 & Steve!

Remember, I told you I was a technological idiot! :^)

To answer your question as to why I didn't purchase the Mac version of CMFI in the first place: my entire family is on Apple and I was saddled with Wintel to run a few applications that aren't available or don't work particularly well on Apple, so the "perfect" solution was to get a screaming new iMac with Parallels. Since I already had CMBN as well as CMSF and pretty much all of the CMSF follow-on modules--not to mention about three versions of "Strategic Command" and of course CMBB and CMAK--I thought going the Parallels route with the iMac made sense (I also checked out the forums and stuff and it seemed as if no one had any issues with running Combat Mission with Parallels).

Perhaps in hindsight not my most brilliant consumer decision :^) but the good news is that there's a solution (purchase the Mac version of CMFI and of CMBN 2.0 when it comes out, as well as all future iterations of CMSF, etc.), and that the money all goes to a very worthy cause.

Thanks again everyone for your very timely response, and I'll be placing my Mac order shortly.

Best,

Sabot6