In the name of all that's holy

I have put this question out there a couple of times and seen no response. I have searched and read endless posts on the topic of PBEM. But I have yet to see an answer. I have had a ton of problems with playing PBEM. The biggest pain is I have to reboot my system almost every other email turn I play. I have been playing a game tonight via ICQ and I have had to reboot 8 times! And we are on turn 8! Can someone please reassure me that this is a known bug and has been fixed and tomorrow (:)) when I get the gold demo it will all be fixed and fine. Thanks folks.

Elvis,

You need to explain specifically what the problem is.. Does it freeze after generating the turn? If it does then I think that was sorted a while ago.

That's probably why no-one responded wink.gif. if it's been sorted you sometimes just don't bother saying "It's sorted" for the 50th time wink.gif

My advice is to simply hold it in until the gold demo comes out and then see if it still happens or not.

Beta demo is 2 month old code now... That is an ETERNITY in game coding.

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

I did try to find the answer in old posts and read many of them. I didn't see an answer but in truth I didn't read them all (there are SSSSOOOO many). I have noticed a lot of new names on the board and figured I might not be alone in my problems.

I think your advise about waiting for the gold demo is a good one. I'll just sit tight until the new demo is out.

Thank you.

Guest Big Time Software

Hi Elvis,

Yup, good advice about waiting for the Gold Demo. However, if we shipped with some sort of incompatibility we would fix it ASAP. We don't like pissing people off smile.gif

As Fionn suggested, if it is a lockup after hitting Go! we certainly fixed a bug that caused such an, uhm, "undesirable outcome" smile.gif

Steve

I was on the other end of the mess with Elvis. The crashes my fat-headed nemesis is crabbing about happened whether we were hitting "go" or just watching the playback. CRASH! very annoying. I bailed on the game. strange thing is the next night all went off without a hitch. Mebbe an ICQ weirdness - a bad packet header on the file or something being passed to and fro. whatever. Of course, this is the game of my dreams so who cares about a bad night or two on a demo game eh? Elvis! quit your pissing and moaning and prepare to soil yourself in fear! Tomorrow night you die.

Peng out

Guest Big Time Software

Hehe... that was some good taunting smile.gif Elvis, I think this is the exact bug we fixed right after the demo came out.

Steve

Boy is my face red! After all that taunting, Elvis WHOMPED(!) me in 2 TWO SP3 games last night. kicked my arse all over the map. A total shredding. Oh my god you guys have got to get the thing out there so we can fight via TCP. I must have my revenge against Evil, I mean Elvis. But it must be playing CM. SP3 is lame looking and lame playing in comparison. (if this isn't a layup for some thrashing about lame playing... any semi-pro taunters out there?) "With my last breath I spit at thee."

Peng (licking his wounds)

Yeah, DJB, that's what i mean about semi-pro. sure, you can quote wrath of Khan (or whatever the hell that wrath of khan gibberish was cribbed from), but can you juxtapose ripped off quotes in new and meaningful ways? can you do an impersonation of elvis presley doing john lennon doing alfred hitchcock? (wheeze, "s'now ya know Paul, we have on our programme, tonight, a really really great revolutionary," wheeze, "all the way from cubaaaa"...wheeze, "let's have a great big welcome for FIDEL CASTRO!" wheeze "thankewvurymuch, THANKEW") wild applause and then fade to fidel delivering a 72 hour long speech on the merits of agrarian reform and the glory of the cuban army's thrashing of the cia led invasion at the bay of pigs.

can you do that? write an essay on how you can combine 38 years of worthless triva in banal and idiotic ways and then maybe you can taunt me. until then,

I remain,

your little lust kitten (oops wrong forum)

your sworn enemy

Peng