How to make sense of quick battle forces?

Pretty much all in the topic. I've been playing a lot of CMBN, and decided to go back and play around with Shock Force. One thing I really never did much in SF that I had a ton of fun with in BN is quickbattles, and I couldn't remember why I disliked it in SF... now I remember.

The forces just seem to be completely random no matter what you select. I selected "armor" and got a bunch of infantry and not so much as a single humvee. I select "mechanized infantry" and get a bunch of T-72s without so much as a peasant with an AK. And each time it's different. Sometimes "armor" means a mixed force of LAV-25s and dismounted infantry, and sometimes it means 100% Abrams and nothing else. How do you make sense of these selections? I'm tired of accidentally setting up QBs with the AI where they get 20 Abrams and I'm using a force of BTR-60's just so I can quit out and roll the proverbial dice again until I get a battle that makes sense.

The best fun I had playing CMSF QBs was when I picked an Allied Light Infantry formation (IBCT, Gebirgs, Brit Light, etc) and faced them off with Syrian UNCONs in an Urban setting. That could sometimes be a lot of fun. I had almost no success playing as Red v Blue, especially when the AI picked Styker or Heavy Infantry that couldn't get their javelins.

Fortunately, there were so many really good stand-alones crafted for that title that it was never boring.

Agreed the quick battle system in sf is very unpolished(read mostly unplayable). However Stag there were significant performance/ui and command improvements included in the newer titles that I'd also like to see incorporated into an update for cmsf. But it's all wishful thinking anyhow as they've moved on. CMSF II ftw.

Some time ago I did a analysis about how work the QB: http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=99482

I think the main problem is that the parameter "type" doesn't work properly and the system has a incremental logic: it take the platoon and if has still "money" take the company of same platoon, so you risk to have a fill tank company ad place of a tank platoon+ a infantry platoon + mech platoon