Bug for Strom Over Europe

Hello all. I am a long time lurker in these forum, and finally have the initiative to post. First I want to say is that Strategic Command Series are a brilliant game; they are high addictive and simple to learn, yet they posses sophistical elements that make them highly replay able. Second, I really like the graphics of this game-I know it may seem weird for some people:o, but those cute little units and cities make analyzing the strategic map a pleasant thing to do. So thank you developers for making these wonderful games:)

Back to the subject, I found that the air-intercept-range display is inaccurate. From what I saw, fighters have action points of 7( which means the max range they can intercept? hope I am correct) but the display only shows they have an intercept range of 3. It's a minor bug but it would be nice to have that bug fixed.

Last thing I want to mention that is why German tanks have strike 2, while everyone has only 1. I don't think it's fair and it makes Allies a little sad to play with, Knowing the enemy has unfair advantages in addition to defending everywhere in the Europe most of the time.

Thanks!

Nope, CA the fighters usually can only intercept to half their AP level. Agreed about the other country tanks, USA had the fast M4 Shermans, but they just weren't as powerful as German tanks. It's actually a scenario design decision as the game engine will support either mode. I'm for double strikes for all aircraft, as they are after all, the fastest movers.

Hi ChaseAbe

Glad you've made you're first post, and welcome aboard! :)

With the Fighters, their intercept range is based on their strike range minus one, whereas their Action Points denote how far they can move (i.e. change their operating base) in a turn. Hopefully this makes sense with what you've been looking at?

With the tanks, we have made it so that only those countries with the appropriate doctrine and skill for armored warfare get two strikes, which is why the heavily armored but poorly used French get only one strike, but the British, Soviet, US and Germans get two.

Otherwise the French Renault tanks (and others) would be a bit more dynamic and powerful than they were in real life.

Bill

Hi ChaseAbe

With the tanks, we have made it so that only those countries with the appropriate doctrine and skill for armored warfare get two strikes, which is why the heavily armored but poorly used French get only one strike, but the British, Soviet, US and Germans get two.

Otherwise the French Renault tanks (and others) would be a bit more dynamic and powerful than they were in real life.

Bill

I totally agree with that.

Thanks for the reply which clears things up.

The inaccuracy I mentioned can be observed from below:

As you can see I have turned intercept-range highlights on.

bug1kn.jpg

But the game only highlights friendly units within the range of 3, it should cover range of 7 since my fighter has strike range of 8.

bug2y.jpg