Getting Out of Command

Hello All:

This is something that happens me when just a part of my forces start on the map, let's say one platoon. (I like the partial force starting out in a way as the setup area is usually small and I also don't feel overwhelmed as I only have a few units to manage initially). The setup area is in a corner so I usually send out scouts in 2 or three directions. Depending on what happens I may send some teams down after the scouts. And you can see what is happening. In bocage country, a third or at least a half of my force will be out of command. It gets messy then when reinforcements start arriving also.

Any suggestions for how to avoid or fix this, but still be able to probe more than one direction initially? Maybe after all platoons are on the map I needed to take a few turns to regroup those forces that get out of command rather that keep sending them forward.?

Thanks,

Gerry

It is hard to resist going in multiple directions at once. But I find I am more successful when I do resist.

One platoon should be doing one thing. If you have two things to do then you need a company:)

I don't get to stressed if a few teams are out of command in a platoon as long as the direction everyone is moving means that will be temporary. Scouts are best if they have back up. Meaning if they find something they need a force near by that can react and pin the enemy. If your platoon is probing three different directions then none of those scout teams will have effective backup.

Thanks for the advice. It is hard to not probe in 2 directions. But right now I have teams broken/rattled/shaken etc. and I assume this happens much easier when they are out command. So I need to change my approach. Plating against a human player is of course not helping!

Gerry

But right now I have teams broken/rattled/shaken etc. and I assume this happens much easier when they are out command.

It does happen much easier. Also, scouting is more effective if the scouts have some overwatch to witness who kills them. You could try using the platoon HQ as part of the overwatch element on one side, the company HQ doing the same on the other side.