First thing to do is copy the entire SCGW1 directory and paste it is somewhere else and call it copy.

Then open up the directory where you have the game installed (again make sure you have made a copy of that directory first) there should be a folder called Strategic Command WW1 The Great War 19914-1918. Open that folder and copy all of its contents. Then go back to your main folder (the one with the above folder in it) and paste the contents in it.

Answer yes if it asks you to over write the files that are there. At this point the start game file should launch for you. you can email me if you need any help.

Hi Blitzkrieg,

The only thing I can think of is that the base game was no longer installed before you installed v1.05 as that seems to be the only reason that v1.05 is not showing up as expected.

Forgive me if I am incorrect here but can you confirm that the base game was installed before you installed the v1.05 patch?

I only suggest this as a possibility as the v1.05 patch does not include the full game and only updates the base game and would therefore also not create desktop shortcuts to the game etc., as those would already be there if the base game is already installed.

I hope this helps,

Hubert