Anyone having trouble with CW on Mac

My MacBook Pro was not running Commonwealth Forces. I could license it but it refused to start up, despite troubleshooting by the crew at Battlefront. Today, there was a Mac OS X Lion update to 10.7.4 and glory be, I started up CW to see if it made a difference and it works perfectly.

Maybe it was only me and there was something flaky about my new laptop (hard to believe since it's only a few months old) if there is anyone else out there with a Mac that refuses to handle CW you may have better luck after the system update.

Dave

Good news, thanks.

10.7 introduced a lot of odd permissions changes. Apple has been gradually fixing them. They also messed up some video drivers badly in 10.7.3. Hopefully they've fixed them in 10.7.4.

Several bouts of repair permissions, several session with Onyx to clean, and one run through of repair disk did nothing to fix things, but now the OS X update has magically made things work, so it looks like they did fix a bunch of permission problems. Oddly, this was the only program I had any problems with. Whatever it was it happened to touch something that needed fixing by Apple.

Anyway, happily blowing things up now :-)

According to my update that I'm downloading now, it does this ..

The 10.7.4 update is recommended for all OS X Lion users and includes general operating system fixes that improve the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac including fixes that:

Resolve an issue where the “Reopen windows when logging back in” setting is always enabled

Improve compatibility with certain British third-party USB keyboards

Address an issue that may prevent files from being saved to a server

Improve the reliability of copying files to an SMB server

For detailed information on this update, please visit this website: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5167.

For information on the security content of this update, please visit: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222.

Regards,

Doug