WW1 Itally spawn's if you don't send weapons.

Ok here is the thing.

I have done quit a few 1914 games now(maybe 8 or so?) and this game i am currently having i the most weirdest I have ever seen.

First, Ottomon empire joins two turns into the game,(all events done so they gain mobolazation and both turns the deplomacy suceeded) which obviously totally destroyed britian in Afrika because I never got the "land in Basra" option(which honestly is kinda OP but at the same time really needed) and non of my units had been ready.

But that isnt really the focus here.

Later Itally joined(like always) and Austria refused to give up the land. The weird thing is, Itally spawned non of the important units it normally has.(aka, it has no HQ's and it spawned no detachments in Afrika)

I feel confident that I gave them the Britian support(I don't even know if they join if you don't) but just going by the assumption that I did not, what would they normally spawn if you don't give them british support?

Becuase honestly... how Itally is supposed to do ANYTHING without HQ's and no units in afrika I don't quite know.(most of all considering the script was for 200 british MPP points but each HQ is near to 300.

Point being.. is this just a glitch or supposed to be that way?

While I am at it, another question:

If Greece is convinced to join the war (on Entente side) by natural means(aka deplomacy/Gallapoli) instead of the whole coop thing, do their armies mobolize normally like with all other countries or are they still defensively spawned?

Ok here is the thing.

First, Ottomon empire joins two turns into the game,(all events done so they gain mobolazation and both turns the deplomacy suceeded) which obviously totally destroyed britian in Afrika because I never got the "land in Basra" option(which honestly is kinda OP but at the same time really needed) and non of my units had been ready.

I did this thing 2 times, it's not strange, it's a mix of luck and fast play, taking belgium makes the ottomans move to CP side, doing everything to help them to join in your side and a bit of luck with diplomacy can do this, making the ottomans join befores the DE to send indians to basra.

Later Itally joined(like always) and Austria refused to give up the land. The weird thing is, Itally spawned non of the important units it normally has.(aka, it has no HQ's and it spawned no detachments in Afrika)

I feel confident that I gave them the Britian support(I don't even know if they join if you don't) but just going by the assumption that I did not, what would they normally spawn if you don't give them british support?

This is a problem, a big one, that should not have happened, the HQ's and africa units deploy with or without brit aid, the brit aid increase the size of the italian army in corps, only that, which is pretty much already.

If Greece is convinced to join the war (on Entente side) by natural means(aka deplomacy/Gallapoli) instead of the whole coop thing, do their armies mobolize normally like with all other countries or are they still defensively spawned?

I think, using basic logic, that the greek army mobilize if they join via diplomacy and not by the DE coup, if it's not the case, than it should be, or it just makes no sense to invest money on diplomacy and gain nothing from it. Bill can help you more in this one.

Ok here is the thing.

I have done quit a few 1914 games now(maybe 8 or so?) and this game i am currently having i the most weirdest I have ever seen.

But that isnt really the focus here.

Becuase honestly... how Itally is supposed to do ANYTHING without HQ's and no units in afrika I don't quite know.(most of all considering the script was for 200 british MPP points but each HQ is near to 300.

Point being.. is this just a glitch or supposed to be that way?

Hi Sapare

I've just checked the scripts and this is definitely very odd behaviour. It's not connected to the British support prior to Italy joining the war, and those units should arrive in all circumstances.

Could it be that the relevant scripts have been turned off?

This can be seen in Options -> Advanced -> Scripts and then looking at the UNIT scripts to see if the box is ticked for these Italian ones or not.

While I am at it, another question:

The Greeks are reluctant to enter the war in all circumstances, due to the division between those who favour the Entente, and the King who was German and preferred the Central Powers. The coup is therefore a better bet than just diplomacy.

Bill

Well, I checked,(or my brother checked as the game was started on his computer(we are playing over email))all the related scripts are on. I don't know... I guess it is just a weird glitch. But as this is the first time I had it happen I guess it is not that important.

To the Greece thing, I know that the coop is more efficent then normal deplomacy.. but just in the even that one would use deplomacy to get Greece to join, would we get the related armies mobalized?(Because honestly, Gallopoli is pretty useless if it gains us nothing at all) I must admit that I am no history buff but even if the King was reluctant to join,(and had the army under his rule) doesnt a depolomatic entry assume that he was cofinced to join the Entente afterall?(with all the money one is throwing at them)

And on another question: What exactly is the gain of giving Itally the Austrian territories?

I have never done it before but I am considering how useful it would be. Would it cause itally to stay out of the war for good or does it just prospone their entry?

And on another question: What exactly is the gain of giving Itally the Austrian territories?

I have never done it before but I am considering how useful it would be. Would it cause itally to stay out of the war for good or does it just prospone their entry?

If you choose to cede the territories Italy is demanding, it will keep her out of the war for good. The downside is that the NM of Austria-Hungary will drop like there is no tomorrow ( I don't know the exact percentage, but it's really bad. ). Personally, I do not think it's worth it to sacrifice that precious NM to prevent Italy from entering the war. You will need every bit of NM to fight Russia, Serbia/Montenegro/Albania, Romania and Greece, but that's just my humble opinion.

As for the Greek diplomacy entry thingy, I guess she should join with all her forces if you were to mobilize her trough diplomacy, but like the previous posters said, it does not worth it to spend all those MPPs on Greece. The few gains you could make would be a couple of tiles in southern Serbia ( If your lucky, because with that mountain terrain, 2 detachments and a corp could hold the Greek army without a problem ) or in the European part of the Ottoman Empire/Bulgaria ( Just like Serbia, Heavy mountain terrain, perfect for defense + narrow path/road makes it almost impossible to achieve any real gains ).

Cheers,

Mathieu.

As for the Greek diplomacy entry thingy, I guess she should join with all her forces if you were to mobilize her trough diplomacy, but like the previous posters said, it does not worth it to spend all those MPPs on Greece. The few gains you could make would be a couple of tiles in southern Serbia ( If your lucky, because with that mountain terrain, 2 detachments and a corp could hold the Greek army without a problem ) or in the European part of the Ottoman Empire/Bulgaria ( Just like Serbia, Heavy mountain terrain, perfect for defense + narrow path/road makes it almost impossible to achieve any real gains ).

Cheers,

Mathieu.

I guess we all know the bad side of making such investiment, but, it's just to add some historical flavor :cool:

Who know it might come to be a good idea, think, if germany does a russia first and don't atk belgium, making greece join in full strength and use the greek army to hold any atk coming from albania and land the bulk of the french and brit army down there can make this front a really important one and causing much trouble for the CP player, like taking galipolli or even Istanbul, seting the ottomans out of the war :eek: , like, that is a terrible hit in the heart for the CP player, can even mean the end of the war for AH and after that germany.

With this idea comes another question, could the Entente decalre war on greece and land troops in Athenas and around Salonika, taking over greece, maybe before serbia kicks out. The question is, decaration of war cause the full mobilization of the greek army?

With Greece, I'm afraid that even with diplomacy you won't get all the units. There is no way to program units to arrive in this circumstance, that wouldn't also have them arriving if Greece enters the war another way. So overall, the divisions within the country mean that Greece will fight defensively, but has very little offensive power.

Though saying that, the controlling player can always buy more Greek units to increase their army. Whether that is a good use of your resources is of course another question...

An Entente invasion might be a viable strategy early in the game, but being an invasion it will trigger much of the Greek armed forces to mobilize, so be careful.

Well, I checked,(or my brother checked as the game was started on his computer(we are playing over email))all the related scripts are on. I don't know... I guess it is just a weird glitch. But as this is the first time I had it happen I guess it is not that important.

That is very odd indeed. Hopefully it won't happen again, and you might want to come to an agreement to deal with the glitch in your game, i.e. a house rule to prevent your brother exploiting the situation. Otherwise, good luck in defending Italy!