Map making quick question: railway/road crossing?

I place gravel under the rail lines.

Then at road crossings of the rail lines I place cobblestones.

It looks effective to me, but thats the best way I found.

Others have their own methods, so I would suggest playing around with it

until your happy or you get frustrated and delete the Railway. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the tip The Teacher, I will check that out; usually I place Dirty squares below the roads of any type since I find it's logical that the road area would be dusty and barren, and it creates a nice effect for variety and transitions; in fact I adopt the dirty also around the houses and on courtyard where the passage seems to be more frequent.

I will check the gravel base with the cobblestones in the intersections; besides in reality the railway I reproduce was a very small one (about just 1.5 m large) that run beside the road, with quite a few crossings... I also noticed there are empty options for the railway segments: they should place back the crossing one, eventually fixed with cobblestones, but that at least will keep the level of the rails and allow the road to run on smoothly...

Undercovergeek I quite appreciate your efforts on the Carentan map: excellent work! ;)

As I said this represents a very small railway line that cannot run on bridges but sits just beside a dusty small road...