A tutorial on how to play automated umpireless H2H CMBN Campaigns

My signature below contains a link to a website containing a step by step guide showing how i use John Tiller's Panzer Campaign's Normandy '44 game to play a fully automated umpireless and paperless H2H Operation using CMBN to resolve large scale tactical combat.

keep em coming, if not for anything other than the read

I could think of better things to read :)

If you have five CM mates John Tiller Software are offering a 40% discount for a bulk order of five games going to one address, quite cheap really for a CM campaign generator :)

I have modified the morale section of the tutorial to read:

Morale penalties

All CM battles are 60 turns, so therefore if the defender is forced to use the exit zone during turns 1 to 20, the company or section (foot) / platoon or individual unit (vehicle / guns) the unit belongs too will drop two levels of campaign morale, one level for turns 21 to 40, and no morale level drop for turns 41 to 60.

So for example if a defending company starts the CM battle at campaign morale level "A" / CM motivational level "Fanatic", and exits any or all of their force during turn 19, they will drop to campaign morale level "C" / CM motivational level "High" after the PzC assault phase is completed.

If the attacker is forced to use the exit zone during turns 1 - 20 the company or section (foot) / platoon or individual unit (vehicle) the unit belongs too will drop three levels of campaign morale, two levels for turns 21 to 40, and one level for turns 41 to 60.

There is no morale drop for any attacking foot companies and sections that have no previously exited components, or vehicle / gun platoons and individual vehicles / guns that that have no previously exited components, that remain on the map after the CM battle has finished.

Morale rewards

Any defending companies, platoons, sections or individual vehicles / guns ( that have no previously exited components ), that remain on the CM map at the end of the CM battle will receive a campaign morale / CM motivation increase of one level.

Any attacking companies, platoons, sections and individual vehicles / guns ( that have no previously exited components ), that remain on the CM map after forcing all the defending units off the CM map, will receive a campaign morale / CM motivation increase of three levels if this is achieved between turns 1 - 20, two levels if achieved between 21 - 40 and one level if achieved between 41 - 60.

I could think of better things to read :)

If you have five CM mates John Tiller Software are offering a 40% discount for a bulk order of five games going to one address, quite cheap really for a CM campaign generator :)

Five of the same game, or can I order five different games and get the discount (just for me, mind you)?

I have just modified a section in the tutorial, the section now reads:

"The custom built historical scenarios in Normandy '44 range from small 9 turn campaigns on maps representing an area of 16 x 16 km, to the Grand Campaign, which is a 250 turn campaign covering the whole of the Normandy campaign on a map representing an area of over 120 x 120 km, however i would advise changing the number of turns of any PzC scenarios other than the Grand Campaign to 100, this is to allow the scenarios to end naturally as a result of combat, and not as a result of the turns running out."