I just finished a game of Triple Alliance against the AI, I did a France First With all I could... After france surrender, Marocos turns neutral, as CP liberates it, but marrocos is 100% in CP side and, following the war map, it's in war against the Entente. I could not buy units for the morocan army or see the strength of the morrocan cities.

Another point is that France surrender is strange, for what I would expect. I don't think that Germany would take control of all the frech territories when Germany has a war to wage in other fronts. I think a DE should be made for the player to decide if Germany will take over the control of all France, or just a part of it, the industrial heart of france, it's german borders and some of it's northern coast.

I've seen several maps in various atlases that graphically depict the German war aims in terms of permanent territorial seizures on the western front. IIRC, at least initially, they included a big chunk of land to include some of the channel ports, Lux., and the industrial areas of Belgium and NE France.

Lettowvorbeck, this depends on the date you look at.

1914 would be different from 1915 - 18, etc. etc.

What you describe is the german "no-triple alliance / after complete victory over russia / early 1918 / ready to roll over the west with all combined german armies"- point of view.

Surely everything would have been different under different circumstances.

Hi Kommandant

I agree that when it comes to the peace conference after the war, Germany would undoubtedly let France have some of its territory back.

But while they are still at war with the UK, it's unlikely that Germany could have afforded to leave any French territory unguarded in case any British forces land there to open up a new front.

Britain's history of operations in Europe, especially during the wars of the 18th century and then the Napoleonic Wars would show what they would be likely to do. Find an unguarded bit of coast with a harbor, land a force there, expand the bridgehead, gain allies, and then advance. While the British didn't have a general of the caliber of Wellington alive in 1914, this is almost certainly what they would have done in this circumstance.

Hence France remains in German hands, as a potential new front for the British.

Bill

Ok bill, I don't have such deep knowlage in military history as you do, mainly when it comes to history from 17th-19th century. So I will thrust in your observations. I just would like you to take a look in the liberation of Marocos, I don't know if it's to remain a neutral country or to be a CP ally.