Video Editing Software

I've just Dl'd the full version of Fraps and made my first video captures from the German campaign in CW. While I'm fairly proficient in Photoshop and image editing (I own CS5, but not the extended version). I know very little about video since it has never really been of interest to me previously.

Can anyone recommend a decent (and preferably free) editing program? I'm running Win7 on a pretty decent computer.

Windows 7 comes with its own video editing suite, Windows Live Movie Maker or some such. It's rather basic, but gets you started. For more features you could try the Sony Vegas. It has a free trial period and the prices start at somewhere around 30 bucks IIRC. But try the Windows Movie Maker first and see if you need more features.

Well it is not free but I just started using Vegas Movie Studio HD. It costs me about $50 but so far I'd say it was well worth it. So many features and easy to use templates, including tutorials which walk you through what you want to do.

$50 doesn't sound too bad. I just don't want to lay out the 350 bucks it will cost me to upgrade to CS5 Extended, at least until I know if this is something I'll enjoy.

Thanks to you & Sergei