Khaki icons for Brits

OK, I grew tired of gazing on the green floating icons for the Commonwealth forces so I decided to make my own. Which worked via Rez Explode and Photoshop. Unfortunatley I ran into the same conumdrum as Lt. Smash above; there seem to be no icons for leaders and FOs in 1.10. Any ideas? Do we a need a copy of 1.01?

khakig.jpg

55984724.jpg

That's nice and it goes with the colour of their hearts. Is that your mod Childress?

Thanks, Para. The problem is that the graphics files are a oddly configured, some of the symbols are shared, like FOs and HQs. I could release this mod but if you were using an exclusively Heer force you get the SS icons unless you removed the brz file first from the Z folder. I managed to make tan Commonwealth icons (which look a bit yellowish on the forum), which I use and prefer, but there's that slight inconvenience of changing out the file if you move from British to American.

User friendly icon mods may have to await a (minor) update from BFC.

Thanks, Para. The problem is that the graphics files are a oddly configured, some of the symbols are shared, like FOs and HQs. I could release this mod but if you were using an exclusively Heer force you get the SS icons unless you removed the brz file first from the Z folder. I managed to make tan Commonwealth icons (which look a bit yellowish on the forum), which I use and prefer, but there's that slight inconvenience of changing out the file if you move from British to American.

User friendly icon mods may have to await a (minor) update from BFC.

Eventually maybe, still looks very nice and rather apt for the SS

Childress, whether you release to the general public or not, I'd like to get my hands on this. I don't mind changing out mods as needed.

I don't mind changing out my CW icons for the American ones and vice versa; one tends not to jump around on the Allied side. And the Commonwealth module is new! and exciting! But there are many SS/Heer scenarios in both the base and the module and juggling the brz files may prove onerous. Battlefront needs to address this.

I just began the SS mod. If I finish over the weekend I'll post it to the Repository. White on Black may be overly striking. Gray and Black might be better. Opinions? The eye should be drawn to the squad/team/vehicle not what's floating overhead.

I find it appropriate that different that different services, like the Rangers and the Airborne, should feature proprietary color themes. Like them the SS had a decided ethos. And not entirely negative.