Mods Question

Gentlemen,

I've not really used mods before so forgive the newb question. Since the CW module does not seem to include in house camo for the SS vehicles (all vehicles have WH license plates), I'm assuming eventually someone out there will mod camo schemes for SS vehicles.

My question is this: If I install a mod for SS vehicles, does that mean if I play several scenarios at once, including some with regular Wehrmacht vehicles, all vehicles in the scenarios will have SS markings? Or, does the game actually allow for the different types of units and their markings?

If I install a mod for SS vehicles, does that mean if I play several scenarios at once, including some with regular Wehrmacht vehicles, all vehicles in the scenarios will have SS markings?

Yes

Or, does the game actually allow for the different types of units and their markings?

No. The only way around this is for the modder to create a series of separate textures with different markings that you can choose from. You then substitute the one you want for the base texture without markings. However, all of those vehicles will now have that particular marking.

CMBO and CMBB allowed for use of winter textures, where a single letter (or number, can't remember now) designated the texture summer or winter and would use that one where appropriate. I would hope that something like this is possible for the individual formations that won't be done by BFC, so that they could be modded.