I really want more country slots, in my mod i expect that i need approx 80 countries.

One question, when a country has surrendered, is it possible for the country to reappear as a free country?

Exampple: Norway surrenders to Germany and then 1 tile in UK becomes Norway.

The easiest solution would be to have a tile in the UK that contains a town, and is set to be an alternative capital for Norway.

This does mean that Norway won't surrender, but a LOOP script could always be used to remove all Norwegians units in Norway from play when Oslo is captured, and a DECISION event could be used to provide the Germans with plunder.

Does making Norway have a place to live in UK let you buy norway units after germany takes over everything... It makes no sense to let you buy the units of an army made of norwagians if there is none to be recruted... You could just take away every pnit norwy cn buy, but that could lead to, if norway is liberated, you can't buy more units...

About your second question, as far as I know, you can make a secundary capital for norway in all these towns and the last one in britain... It's like serbia in WW1 where all the towns are secundary capitals...

I wonder, i of use this loop script to remove all norwegian units, i still need to move in German units in every norwegian cities/towns to make them German, since i do not want to use territory scripts (then it will not be norway anymore).

Yes, the Germans would still need to occupy whatever capitals you set for Norway, so it may be that a loop script is unnecessary if the Germans have to occupy all those places.

I was assuming that Norway would surrender when Oslo was taken, but if that isn't the case, then just having their last alternative capital be somewhere in the UK should work, and it will also allow for Free Norwegian units to be built there.

Thanks!

One more question, does anyone have a simple solution for addiong all Start positions to the scripts? I can use the editor and chose F6 to mark all positions but the they will be named map_positions and i will need to change every one to start-position=very big manual work.

Thanks!

One more question, does anyone have a simple solution for addiong all Start positions to the scripts? I can use the editor and chose F6 to mark all positions but the they will be named map_positions and i will need to change every one to start-position=very big manual work.

I use the notepad++ for editing scripts. With that, it is easy to replace strings and navigate in big files, not mentioning changing map position in all files at one click etc.

You can even define a new language and you get visual aid and possibility to expand/collapse events in the file...

nppSC.jpg

I use the notepad++ for editing scripts. With that, it is easy to replace strings and navigate in big files, not mentioning changing map position in all files at one click etc.

You can even define a new language and you get visual aid and possibility to expand/collapse events in the file...

I use it too. It's a great program and totally free.:D

Yoy clever guys out there, any ideas how to add RANGE to scripts (transport etc.) when transfereing old WW1 scripts to GOLD?

There are many scripts that needs range in GOLD.

One idea if you using notepad++ to do with 2 subsequent replace (e.g. if you want to insert RANGE after LINK line):

first set search mode to: regular expression

find:

^#(LINK)(.*)

replace with:

#\1\2\3<#RANGE = 1

then set search mode: extended

find:

<

replace with:

\r\n