Foxholes

Are foxholes visable before they are spotted? Are they terrain features which show on the map all of the time regardless of enemy LOS or are they like bunkers that have to be spotted to be seen? If they are terrain features the attacking player could look over the map prior to deployment and more or less determine potential strongholds set up by the defence. This would apply to wire, roadblocks, etc... well basically all fortifications.

Shellholes are a different matter in my opinion, they should be a terrain feature (visable always) since there would be no effort provided by the defense to make their location as discrete as possible.

------------------

Rhet

Guest Big Time Software

All defensive stuff, like foxholes, barbedwire, bunkers, etc. need to be spotted. We aren't planning on letting the attacker check these things out ahead of time. Generally we assume that the defensive positions, fortified or not, have not been subjected to very accurate recon.

Shell craters, burning houses, and other stuff are visible to both sides at all times.

Let's say that my squad advances and spots a foxhole or other defensive barrier. They then retreat, thus loosing los to the foxhole. Will that foxhole position remain visible on my map without maintaining los to it?

P.S. I have pre-ordered your game. I figure that I'm getting my money's worth just by reading your great message board.

Guest Big Time Software

Hi Paul,

Interesting thought about why you pre-ordered. Maybe we should just sell "tickets" to the boards and forget about the game? Nah, then what we would Charles and I have to play at the end of it all? wink.gif

Once fixed enemy positions (foxholes, pillboxes, etc.) are spotted they remain spotted, no matter if you have LOS or not.

Steve

Guest Big Time Software

Fixed fortifications are just that, fixed wink.gif Pillboxes come with their own crews and are, in effect, treated just like immobile vehicles. If a crew bails from their pillbox, it is destroyed but still left on the map. Foxholes can be manned/unmanned any time by any non-vehicle unit from any side.

Steve