Troops in foxholes bunching together

I usually split squads into two halves using the Assault Team or Split Team functions, when i place these split teams into foxholes some troops do not spread evenly amongst the four foxholes but bunch together in one as shown in the screenshot below:

CMFoxholebunching.jpg

The front two foxholes contain an 11 man squad split using the Split Teams function, the back two using the Assault Team function.

Would it be possible to fix it so the troops spread evenly amongst the four foxholes ?

My question is whether the way the troops use foxholes is actually abstracted.

So, it may LOOK like the troops are in them a certain/weird way, but the system calculates it as if they are all using the foxholes the same way.

Good point, if that's the case it would be good to get it confirmed.

This is off the top of my head so I could be wrong on this, but ISTR that 2 soldiers sharing one foxhole is actually more accurate to contemporary training and doctrine -- that is, when digging in, soldiers usually have a "foxhole buddy."

That's a good point, however there are three men in the bottom left foxhole and four in the bottom right foxhole :)

Ah. Hard to tell in the picture. Yes; four is definitely too many, and three probably shouldn't happen under most circumstances, either.

BFC, fix er do sumfink, yadda, yadda.

Yes it is hard to tell from the picture, but the squads are 11 man squads split into one group of 6 and one of 5, so with that in mind you can work out the distribution.