Courage & Fort.--last mission Strategy HELP

IIRC you can't get armour support into town on right flank. They can only cross the dry-stream thingy through the town (but then they can swing off to the right once they're across). Think that's correct (I played it some time ago). Not actually a spoiler as you can check the map. The other bridge is down and the river bed is impassable to AFVs.

Of course, it's not going to be as easy as that and I will say no more. Good luck...

Thanks John and Erwin for your taking the time to answer my question . I didn't realize the "brown" area was impassable to tanks. Oh well-- back to the drawing boards- as they say. Terrific game. Took me forever to get through previous Razor Back Ridge mission. Had previously completed other campaigns. Courage and Fortitude campaign should definitely have been the last Campaign-- rather than the first Campaign.

My sense was that the final La Haye scenario from COURAGE & FORTITUDE was one if the best in CMBN since it provided a Battalion of inf plus support like HMG's Engineers etc, as well as a company equivalent of armor on a decent-sized map.

There were many tactical and strategic decisions - like establishing resupply systems and keeping a reserve etc. Its very complexity was wearing at times. One needed to use all the skills that one had hopefully learned to date. I loved it, and it was like graduating.

La Haye was definitely my favourite of the CMBN scenarios. It is large enough that you can afford minor setbacks and mistakes, has a number of viable ways of dealing with it (although you do have that one chokepoint to get through, but there are varikous ways of dealing with it), and after Razorback Ridge it is like a gentle afternoon stroll :)

(I know School of Hard Knocks has spawned the most discussion on these boards, but I'm sure the only reason Razorback Ridge hasn't overtaken it is that fewer people got that far...)

(I know School of Hard Knocks has spawned the most discussion on these boards, but I'm sure the only reason Razorback Ridge hasn't overtaken it is that fewer people got that far...)

Agreed. I didn't find SoHK that hard. Yes, it was difficult but not much more difficult than it looks the second you see its big n' flat with a bridge in the middle of it (although the CONSTANT artillery bombardment was perhaps a little surprising).

RR, on the other hand, was surprisingly hard. You can go left, right or centre. But they're all wrong...