unfortunately as I understand it no. I wish they could at least simulate AAA firing into the sky and having each turn it engages have a mounting % of driving the enemy air attack off. thats my idea, which i posted somewhere else before. however that being said, I dont program games and I have no idea if it'd be anywhere as near cut and dry as all that.

Be careful asking for this please. I would really like to see the German 20mm AA gun included at some point in the future (Market Garden module) and you can make a good argument for not including it if you say that people will expect it to provide some AAA cover in the game. Aircraft are very rarely used in CMSF missions and so there's not much need for the interaction between ground units and air units to be modelled in more detail yet.

Having said that, of course it would be brilliant if each onboard AAA asset added to some global factor that would determine how effective aircraft were when attacking.

Yeah. My solution as far as the onboard AAA was a quick fix, so it wouldnt become some long drawn out thing. I understand they're rare in CMBN, however when they do show up, they linger and theres absolutely nothing you can do about it. Add this to the fact that the aircraft (I always use the area target command) can seem to spot groups of 5-10 infantry quickly and dispatch them in a burst makes them a serious event when they show up. At least I'd feel better if I could shoot back.

Even if they dont model AAA, I think in interests of accuracy the 20mm AA needs to be added at some point, I can remember reading about them fairly often as far as equipment goes. For right now its not a biggie, but once we're past CW, into Arnhem, or possibly beyond, it'll start to be odd to not have them included. Especially if we're going to have theoretical equipment added.

I'll probably get slaked for suggesting this. But AAA could be represented as near offmap, at the same range as off map mortars lets say. Purchased or provided in the same method as artillery. Depending on the scenario they would still be in range of the CAS.

And I see the problem here, how do you represent offmap AAA involvement since you can't see the planes, you can't see the flak bursts from the guns 500 meters to the rear. Thought I'd put it out there anyways.

I'll probably get slaked for suggesting this. But AAA could be represented as near offmap, at the same range as off map mortars lets say. Purchased or provided in the same method as artillery. Depending on the scenario they would still be in range of the CAS.

And I see the problem here, how do you represent offmap AAA involvement since you can't see the planes, you can't see the flak bursts from the guns 500 meters to the rear. Thought I'd put it out there anyways.

Sounds like the easiest way to implement I would suspect. If you have CAS you should have some rudimentary AAA reflected on or off board IMHO.