Cure for the "Welfare" Warehouse

After seeing a few in other maps, and then dealing with a warehouse district in my current WIP, I got tired of seeing warehouses with "no visible means of support".

Found this trick accidently, then found out how to easily replicate it, and so ....

ware1.jpg

ware2.jpg

ware3.jpg

----

Supporting columns.

Now since these are warehouses, not office buildings, the pathing issues work FOR my design intentions instead of against. You want to move from a 2nd story window on one section to another? Get your butt downstairs and find another pile of crates to climb. :D

I love it when I can turn lemons into lemonade.

BTW - It also makes for a neat visual trick when your boys are on a porch but inside the next section. The transparent building seems to have no one in it. ;)

Exactly nik.

I was able to find a "crack" in the visuals of each connecting wall from the inside of the building(must be very close to wall and very sharp angle POV), which allowed me to hit the balcony button for the adjacent building. I cycle through until it is just the plain balcony with posts. Then I repeat for all joined walls.

This will show "internal support columns" underneath, instead of having the structure float in midair, for immersion purposes.

The "downside" is that this disallows movement from the adjoining second stories, due to pathing issues re: balconies. You cannot step off a balcony for any reason, even if it lands you in another building.

The upside is the troops on the first floor have columns to hide behind. :)

In this particular instance, it simulates the open area within a warehouse, by forcing troops to "climb down" from whatever is in the warehouse and find another vantage in an adjoining building section.