My First Map: POW Camp

So, started making my first map this week, i based it loosely around the concentration camp of Vught in the Netherlands, (than called Konzentrationslager Herzogenbusch by the Germans). My grandmothers father was located there during the war and saw some terrible stuff. I still have his journal. My grandmother during the war was 14 year olds and lived in Nijmegen and endured Operation Market Garden while living in a underground bunker.

It's my first map, so excuse any stupid questions or errors. :P

Basically you will have to inspect the local cemetery where the local resistance forces have noticed strange occurrences at the cemetery, it's possible that the Germans are using it to get rid of POW's bodies. You can also play this map as the Germans.

Next is to take the small town, with a fanatical sniper lurking about its extra dangerous. The local German forces are ones that were ordered to stay behind will the main German force fell further back. Their morale is low and they were not left with allot of ammunition. But they were left behind with a late era StuG and a tank destroyer.

You will be given tank support together with highly motivated airborne infantry troops, these are veterans who have seen allot of fighting as its August now and are more than ready to free some friends that are locked up in the POW camp.

Some pictures:

(quick note, some things have changed already when taking these screenshots, like the main road of the town has different textures, and i use allot of mods ingame, like the Aris HD texture & addon pack and many more.

23qx65c.jpg

dre2z5.jpg

qr15ib.jpg

Gjee, where oh where would that sniper be.

tzii0.jpg

2mx2xsm.jpg

Map is pretty much done here and there. Only don't know how to add a picture for the scenario when you click on the name in the Battle sub-menu. I looked in the manual and also on the forum, anyone?

Thanks, been making some tiny adjustments here and there after the first play throughs, added another tank for the Germans because you as allied already will get armor support and heavy artillery support. The allies are veterans seeing its August and they have been fighting since they had hit the beaches, the defenders have not seen much combat seeing they are the guards of the camp.

I also have thinned out the forest a bit and removed some flavor objects because the map is a not a short load at the moment.

Some new screenshots:

Infantry marches into town:

n1e0ax.jpg

Someone is about to get a nasty surprise:

13z63qd.jpg

Tank Destroyers clearing infantry from a building:

elbk89.jpg

Thanks! Did some minor changes again today, added some elevation here and there. The map was very flat, the right side was very easy to attack for the Allies, so i added some elevation so the Germans have a bigger advantage when defending their camp. As a US soldier you know have to come down hill a little bit now.

And about submitting a scenario, how? Trough Submit WebLink on the main page?

I like this. Looks like a fun battle.....

btw what are you using for a road mod?

Pretty much everything Aris has released. :rolleyes:

Gives so much more live to the game.

I'm using:

- Veins Skies

- Veins Explosions & Smoke

- Rambler's Weapon Skins

- Aris Terrain Mod (as Texture Pack in 3 parts in the Repository)

- Aris Terrain Addon Pack 1 & 2

- Aris Photoreal walls

- Aris HD Grass

- Almost every Aris vehicle skin

And much more mods that do nothing to looks. (sound mods and such)