Corrected itself?

I have had an interesting (and very good thing happen). At best while playing a PBEM game after doing my turn I have had to ctrl-alt-del to get out of the game because it freezes and even more often I have to reboot my whole system.....but for the last couple of days it seems the game has fixed itself:). There has been much rejoicing. Anybody have any idea how this may have happened (on both my home and work systems, which are different)....Did you guys slip something in with Chance Encounter?

Ah,

Thou art running Windows right? You have uncle Bill to thank wink.gif.

At one stage in testing sound simply stopped working. I played one game of CM with sound and about 30 minutes later when I went to play another game of CM there was no sound.

I hadn't even turned my computer off.

Windows... An operating system which doesn't operate wink.gif... Windows does some weird things...

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

I spoke too soon.....I can no longer play PBEM games from my home system. I try to open the file and nothing happens. I have reinstalled CM, restarted my system (the old standby fix all solution), kicked it and still nothing...That'll teach be to squawk about the selfcorrecting system.

P.S. Sorry Peter turns will come more slowly now.

A couple of things..

First I had the PBEM lockup problem until I upgraded to DirectX 7.0... I have talk to others and this has seemed to help them too..

Sound... I had great sound until I upgraded my drivers to the newer reference drivers (Diamond MX330)... The reason I did so was for Panzer Elite... It had a problem with Diamond's drivers and recommended upgrading to Aureal's reference drivers until Diamond release newer drivers... Well the sound in CM went into the toilet, until I saw someone mentioned the Hardware Acceleration slider in the Multimedia proporties... Once I disable hardware accleration for sound, CM sounds great again...

I upgraded to D7 while testing and haven't had any problems from it at all. Now I've only dabbled in about 3 or 4 other games in the past months since getting CM but it doesn't seem to have done anything too bad.

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers