Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Bridge Bug: Vehicles

Don't know if this has been brought up or not.

Couple things.

First, the destroyed Urban bridge is missing a texture.

Second, I gave a Priest an order to drive under an urban bridge. As it got to the bridge it went from the ground up on top of the bridge and then back to the ground again in a straight line.

Next, I had the Priest reverse under the bridge while driving a Sherman across the bridge. As the Priest neared the bridge it stopped because the Sherman was passing by overhead...(like the two paths were intersecting on the same plain instead of one being at a different height). Once the Sherman was past the Priest continued on but once again hopped up onto the bridge instead of driving straight underneath it. It then traversed the length of the bridge, turned, rode down the hill and continued on the path of the original order.

I saved the turns. They are here for any Beta Testers or Phil, or whomever that needs to look at them.

http://www.mediafire.com/?a5eeyb81lekcc8i

Mord.

I'm curious about that missing texture. I checked in the editor and all the destroyed bridges are properly textured. However, if the bridge gets destroyed during game, it might be different. I know there have been occasions where the ruins of a building destroyed during the game don't get a proper texture. Is this similar?

I just double checked in the editor and it came out the same...had those black squares on top of the pillars. I even removed all my mods to make sure there wasn't a conflict there and added an extra (urban56 ft) destroyed bridge.

Mord.

Ah, now I see what you meant with that! I was thinking the whole bridge was untextured or something...

I've used my magical powers to make this be known to the powers that be. Let's hope it gets fixed, I myself love ridiculously convoluted highway ramps and don't want any bugs interfering! :D

Cool...thanks.

I don't know if you were joking with me (about the bridge layout) or about yourself (really liking convoluted ramps)...but that setup on the map definitely wasn't convoluted....it was pretty basic.

Mord.

On a related point did the bug re vehicles crabbing when crossing bridges ever get solved or is that in the next patch (hopefully).

Also, the crazy way the AI assigns waypoints to units when crossing bridges surrounded by wire & minefields as in "School of Hard Knocks?"