Paratrooper or Fallschimjager usage

To the OP's original query from a design standpoint...

Currently reinforcements can be set to 5 minute increments with variable timers on each one. This makes for sloppy drops and ensures massive headaches for the designer.

While it is quite possible to drop paras in Unfit or Weakened condition with all sorts of jump-incurred casualties and other liabilities, without 1 minute increments it is quite difficult in practice.

Bring back the 1 minute reinforcements and I can throw all sorts of stumbling, confused paras all over the map just before dawn.

All the rest of the ingredients are there. I know, I have tried. ;)

The Storch, carrying SS commandos, was used to rescue Mussolini from an Italian ski resort in 1943. The operation, an astonishing feat, constituted the final clip in the Nazi highlight reel.

The Storch was used to carry Mussolini out. The commandos came by glider.

There was, however, an operation during Fall Gelb where a battalion (I think) of commandos was flown into Luxembourg by a fleet of Storchs flying shuttle missions. I don't recall the details, except that the mission was not a great success. On the other hand, the German army went through Luxembourg so quickly that it did not matter.

Michael

The Storch was used to carry Mussolini out. The commandos came by glider.

There was, however, an operation during Fall Gelb where a battalion (I think) of commandos was flown into Luxembourg by a fleet of Storchs flying shuttle missions. I don't recall the details, except that the mission was not a great success. On the other hand, the German army went through Luxembourg so quickly that it did not matter.

Michael

You mean Operation Niwi

http://www.germanmilitaryhistory.com/blog/51646-operation-niwi/

Not a great success but as you say it doesnt matter.

I think the idea of this game is thats its supposed to be realistic. The Idea of every infantry company in the US army having 10 plane loads of fully equipped paratrooprers circling overhead, ready to drop at the whim of a company commander is not. Only one man in the AEF could approve parachute drops and that was Eisenhower.

What could be fun is missions that start immedietly after a paradrop where paratroops are scattered over a large area bristling with unsuspecting second line german troops. Might be able to recreate some sgt Summers moments