Loading scenarios help

Yes I have put them in the scenario folder and they are definitely not in their own folders - I should have 100 plus new scenarios downloaded from sites such as "Combat Mission Scenario Depot" - specifically for CMBO but cannot find them once I boot the game up.

Thought I might be missing something as it took me an age to find the 'operations' button on the new game screen.

There is a limit to the number of scenarios that will display on the list. Unfortunately, I don't know what the limit is.If you have a lot of scenarios in your folder, you might try moving some scenarios out to get the ones you want to display.

A couple of questions:

1) Do you have a Mac or a PC ?

2) Where exactly did you install CMBO ?

3) Can you make any scenario other than the ones that come on the disk show up ?

4) Are you quite sure you aren't trying to play from the disk ?

I haven't counted, but I'm pretty sure I have a lot more than a hundred extra scenarios. I unzip to a holding folder, copy and paste to CMBO/scenarios, then delete the contents of the holding folder.

If you can prove to yourself that you can or cannot make a new scenario that didn't come on the disk show up in battles, then you have an important clue. Sounds like you are or are not doing something that you haven't told us about and that you don't think is important (and that, of course, is what is causing the problem).

1/ A PC

2/ Into its own folder

3/ I can make my own home made scenarios on the disk show up but not the downloaded ones.

4/ Definitely not playing from the disk - mind you the CD is a budget release of CMBO

Thanks for trying guys - but I get the feeling I'll just have to put up with this.

Wonder where I can get a copy of CMBB?

"Its own folder" isn't an exact address. What you need to tell us is the full directory and folder path. My hunch is that it is very likely that this may be the source of the problem.

You should probably ask this question in the technical help section, by the way. I've never noticed anyone having this problem before, but I'm sure Schrullenhaft will know at a glance what your problem is.

The best place to get BFC products is on the Battlefront website. They sell the unaldulterated product quickly and cheaply, and you won't have to worry about strange censorship courtesy of someone's over-cautious legal department, or unnecessary delays in patches.

[ May 01, 2004, 11:28 AM: Message edited by: Philippe ]