Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Screwed up status bar during TCP/IP

Screeny

Well haven't played for a long time but since I lately started playing tcp/ip again I have this problem:

Once i log in and use ALT+TAB, for example to switch to a chat program to notify opponent I have all set up and ready to connect, and switch back via AlT+TAB to CMBB my status/task bar at the bottom of the CMBB screen is screwed... I don not see the GO button any more , no more play, rewind, forward buttons no more scrolling , changing view level buttons to be seen any more. I know +/- where they are so I "blind" clivk in the dark space to press GO but as you understand it is pretty annoying.

Any one encountered such a problem before? could this be a video card (-settings) problem?

This sounds like a video driver problem. What videocard and which driver do you have installed ? There's a distinct possibility that there may be no solution with your current videocard since drivers for some videocards have been consistently problematic.

If your videocard is capable of antialiasing, then I suggest diabling that.

I assume that this problem will also happen in a non-TCP/IP game too (Alt-Tab'ing out and back in to have the 2D data blank/screwed up).

after doing the set up, you alt-tab back to the chatroom. you tell you opponent your ip, then go immediately back to combatmission and wait, until the 3D graphics have loaded. otherwise the screen/program doesn't work.

once both players see the map, you can use alt-tab without restrictions.